• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

You play to win the game.

mulletpelini

Recruit
5 Year Member
6SI.gif

Conversing with RR, I realized this year now, more than ever, this statement is true. If I'm coaching these young men, I'm making sure they are aware, due to the special circumstances, "We play to win the game".

We don't know how many games you're gonna get, we don't know how many snaps you're gonna get. We're not playing for OT. We're playing to win.

We're gonna be dangerous because we're unpredictable.

We may lose, but we're going to lose doing everything possible to win.

Follow my lead and believe me when I say we will win more than lose because we are not scared.

We are not scared because we'll lose knowing we left it all out on the field.

We will tip our hat to the other team knowing they took our best shot and congratulate them on their VERY hard fought victory.

How any coach would not have this mindset going into every single snap, set of downs, series, quarter, half and game is beyond me.

IT'S A FREE EFFING YEAR. USE IT!

Ryan Day going for it or proposing to go for it every damn time. That's what I'm talking about. Nothing to lose.

He has had too many starts to throw a ball like that. He is a captain. He has help his team make plays. That was just an easy 6 and he made it hard.

I've seen QBs in the NFL do the same thing. Sure was disappointing though.

It was a terrible pass to a wide open receiver......probably too wide open.

Put him back out there on 4th and run the same damn play. Who cares if you lose by 38 or 35. Kicking a FG at that point was a loss regardless of the score it provides. More confidence is built within the team in going for it and failing to score 7 than accepting the loss of 3 points imo. Day had zero problem going for it multiple times and not a single one of us thought for one damn second that Nebraska was gonna stop them. Ohio State had all the confidence and was not scared to do whatever it had to, to win. Apparently, in a year that doesn't amount to anything but VALUABLE PLAYING EXPERIENCE AND CONFIDENCE BUILDING, our coaches chose to go safe.

I'm really sick of safe.

Seriously, someone tell me the consequences of going for a TD there instead of FG. I'm willing to listen, just prove to me why it's the wrong decision FOR THIS YEAR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back