• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked You play recruiting coordinator part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were on the Nebraska staff, would you offer this kid? Plays in the largest class of football down in Florida against schools like Plant, Apopka, Manatee, to just name a few. Not to compare him to DPE but he has a lot of returns on his highlights, he is one inch shorter than DPE.

<iframe src='//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/3055761/highlights/180070388' width='640' height='360' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen></iframe>

[video]http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3055761/highlights/180070388/v2[/video]

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3055761/highlights/180070388/v2

Doesn't look to have that great of change of direction to me...returner maybe but not sure about WR....I'm sure he's probly some 5 star kid so bring on the crow! :)

This would be fun to do with our RB offers, we have lightly recruited guys like Thomas and Car, and top 250 guys like Whaley. See if people agree with the staff or the services.

I'm in, he runs away from everyone like they are not even trying. In the largest class in the state and he stands out like that. No question, he is a weapon.

He is not rated.....he should be.....the services...God Love 'em.....

The again Lavonte David and Russell Wilson can relate coming out of HS as 2-star rated prospects.....

Bottom line in a class this size with his film I'd offer him.....worth a shot....at both WR and KR/PR.....elite speed and moves in my opinion....

Doesn't look to have that great of change of direction to me...returner maybe but not sure about WR....I'm sure he's probly some 5 star kid so bring on the crow! :)

This would be fun to do with our RB offers, we have lightly recruited guys like Thomas and Car, and top 250 guys like Whaley. See if people agree with the staff or the services.

Last edited:
Indeed....doing it against the best of the best in FL....that speaks volumes....and like you said with ease....

I'm in, he runs away from everyone like they are not even trying. In the largest class in the state and he stands out like that. No question, he is a weapon.

He is not rated he should be.....the services...God Love 'em.....

The again Lavonte David and Russell Wilson can relate coming out of HS as 2-star rated prospects.....

Bottom line in a class this size with his film I'd offer him.....worth a shot....at both WR and KR/PR.....elite speed and moves in my opinion....

My concern is that unlike DPE, or even Irons, he doesn't show much wiggle. For a kid his size, he's going to have to get open with quickness too, doubt he can just run fly patterns at the D1 level. Reminds me a lot of Kenny Bell on kick returns.

Not rated at all? Looks like a guy who might be a good fit for a power run attack like wiscy or MN, someone who can just take the top off a D.

You don't need a lot of wiggle when you have great vision and speed. Not rated I don't get it? He must not have had the opportunity to camp much. Got to buy them Stars. He looks to good to not go unnoticed, its only a matter of time before this young man blows up.

Last edited:
Exactly.....agree on all.....good post.....

You don't need a lot of wiggle when you have great vision and speed. Not rated I don't get it? He must not have had the opportunity to camp much. Got to buy them Stars. He looks to good to not go unnoticed, its only a matter of time before this young man blows up.

He is not rated.....he should be.....the services...God Love 'em.....

You are making my point for me :)

This kid did not have access to create a highlight film and did not have the money to camp anywhere. I don't know for a fact but I imagine transportation anywhere was also an issue.

I texted his film to a couple FBS friends and they all echoed what most of you did, "who is he and I need his info". As RR said, not rated by the services, and he had no FBS or FCS offers, yet the two FBS coaches I spoke with said how big of a weapon he was on a Florida team in the largest class. He is heading to a Division 2 school a friend of mine coaches at.

My point is, everyone do your own homework on offers and commitments. Going by star rating and offers is nice, but only tells part of the story.

I know...:) :)

All joking aside the bold tells it all....you nailed it to the wall with that statement....:)

Too many folks on here and around the net hang on everything the services say on the ratings...

This kid did not have access to create a highlight film and did not have the money to camp anywhere. I don't know for a fact but I imagine transportation anywhere was also an issue.

I texted his film to a couple FBS friends and they all echoed what most of you did, "who is he and I need his info". As RR said, not rated by the services, and he had no FBS or FCS offers, yet the two FBS coaches I spoke with said how big of a weapon he was on a Florida team in the largest class. He is heading to a Division 2 school a friend of mine coaches at.

My point is, everyone do your own homework on offers and commitments. Going by star rating and offers is nice, but only tells part of the story.

Last edited:

Agree. You just have to put your faith in the coaches and their ability to judge talent. Sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't. I like the fact that Riley is offering guys with high star rankings AND some guys who are somewhat under the radar. You can't have a team full of queen bees (all 4-5 stars; ask Texas) and always expect to win. Nebraska especially has been successful with a good mix of queen bees and and worker bees in the past and it looks like Riley is trying to do that. I think Bo tried the same approach but didn't go after enough of the queen bees, IMO. Here's hoping Riley snags his share of them!

Last edited:
Agree. You just have to put your faith in the coaches and their ability to judge talent. Sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't. I like the fact that Riley is offering guys with high star rankings AND some guys who are somewhat under the radar. You can't have a team full of queen bees (all 4-5 stars; ask Texas) and always expect to win. Nebraska especially has been successful with a good mix of queen bees and and worker bees in the past and it looks like Riley is trying to do that. I think Bo tried the same approach but didn't go after enough of the queen bees, IMO. Here's hoping Riley snags his share of them!

Agreed. When everyone feels these deserve it based on the past it sometimes just doesn't so easily translate to the field. Got to have a team, really no room individuals when it comes to success at the highest level.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back