• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked You Play Recruiting Coordinator - Jovan Swann - DT out of Indiana

Not from that tape. Decent eyes, competition looks weak and he only has one move, bull rush. It looks like it works (highlight tape, I know) but that isn't going to work at NU, especially as a 265lb DT. Speed looks good but I wonder if he can keep that at 290-305lbs he's going to need to play inside at.

Tackling was just ok to me. Again, it was strength tackling more than technique tackling.

After watching the other guys film, probably not. But I'm sure Michigan State saw something?

This guy does seem better coached currently. But, he also seems to stop just a fraction of a second too early, usually so that he can start celebrating. I wouldn't have included that first play on my highlight film if I was him. It caused me to be critical from the beginning (especially right after watching the other guy).

I guess I would look at how he compares to our current lone DL commit, Stille. Truthfully, I can't tell myself just from the film, but that's where I would start.

I already know a lot about this kid. I really like his upside. I definitely offer this kid.

Jovan Swann - DT/DE from Indiana
Holds Iowa, Indiana, and Michigan State offer but I think Michigan State is full
6'3" 265

<iframe src="//www.hudl.com/embed/athlete/1703253/highlights/218814377" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1703253/highlights/218814377/v2

Would you offer???
Probably. He looks to have a quick first step and good motor. Considering this was from his junior season, 265 lbs seems about right for a DT. I also like his thick body type.

When I saw the 4.0, it was an automatic maybe. After a 1:20 its an absolute yes. Kid may be raw, but he has so much upside the risk is minimal IMO. 4.0 GPA? Everything is relative, this kid will never be an issue and has the intelligence, ability and athleticism to become a great person/player. Kids like this don't grow on trees, more than likely he is a great leader, motivated and other players will gravitate to him/look to him as a mentor and that is an invaluable. He's the type of kid you want 3 or 4 of that you can build a foundation with.

Any relation to Lynn?

thinking-face_1f914.png

His player Bio says he is a senior for 2019. Did he only play 4 games this year? Surprised he is not staying at Stanford simply because of the academic side of things.

His player Bio says he is a senior for 2019. Did he only play 4 games this year? Surprised he is not staying at Stanford simply because of the academic side of things.
He must either already have, or will have, his undergrad degree.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back