• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yellowstone

Porkchopexpress

Junior Varsity
10 Year Member
Started binge watching Yellowstone over the past couple of weeks, when the cold weather set in. Just finished the second season, and will start the third season tonight. What's everyone else think of the show? To me, this feels like Sons of Anarchy set in the mountains. John Dutton is Clay, Kayce is Jax, Beth is Gemma, Rip is Chibs, Jimmy is Juice, the questionable sheriff is the questionable sheriff and the comparisons could keep on going.
(and they even did the abducted kid storyline!)
I was intrigued by Jaime's character in season 1. Trying to go out on his own, defying his dad, and making something of himself, but all that was pretty much thrown away in season 2 (and rather quickly, I might add). Weirdly, the most interesting character overall through the first two seasons was Dan Jenkins.

Season 1 seemed good enough. Just enough ambiguity between the Dutton's, the reservation and Dan Jenkins where no one was really the bad guy, but no one was really the good guy. Each seemed to bite off a little more than they could chew (especially Jenkins), but to no surprise, the Dutton's came out on top. However, the second season went off the rails for me. First, the bad guy brothers storyline was just laughable looking back. I mean, these guys had power and money, but c'mon, the toilet?
Also, the toilet guy's response about no one ever fighting back? What? You abducted the grandson of a politically connected and powerful man. That's just laziness from the showrunners.
The dead bodies start stacking up in season 2, and there's no way in the world to cover-up what happened at Beth's office and to her assistant.

Anyways, I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about. The backdrop of Montana and the mountains is fantastic, and I really liked the look into life on a reservation in the first season, although that took a back seat in the second season. My wife likes the show, and it's entertaining enough, but people make it seem like this was some hidden gem of a series. I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Started binge watching Yellowstone over the past couple of weeks, when the cold weather set in. Just finished the second season, and will start the third season tonight. What's everyone else think of the show? To me, this feels like Sons of Anarchy set in the mountains. John Dutton is Clay, Kayce is Jax, Beth is Gemma, Rip is Chibs, Jimmy is Juice, the questionable sheriff is the questionable sheriff and the comparisons could keep on going.
I was intrigued by Jaime's character in season 1. Trying to go out on his own, defying his dad, and making something of himself, but all that was pretty much thrown away in season 2 (and rather quickly, I might add). Weirdly, the most interesting character overall through the first two seasons was Dan Jenkins.

Season 1 seemed good enough. Just enough ambiguity between the Dutton's, the reservation and Dan Jenkins where no one was really the bad guy, but no one was really the good guy. Each seemed to bite off a little more than they could chew (especially Jenkins), but to no surprise, the Dutton's came out on top. However, the second season went off the rails for me. First, the bad guy brothers storyline was just laughable looking back. I mean, these guys had power and money, but c'mon, the toilet?
Also, the toilet guy's response about no one ever fighting back? What? You abducted the grandson of a politically connected and powerful man. That's just laziness from the showrunners.
The dead bodies start stacking up in season 2, and there's no way in the world to cover-up what happened at Beth's office and to her assistant.

Anyways, I'm not seeing what all the fuss is about. The backdrop of Montana and the mountains is fantastic, and I really liked the look into life on a reservation in the first season, although that took a back seat in the second season. My wife likes the show, and it's entertaining enough, but people make it seem like this was some hidden gem of a series. I just don't see it.
It's a good series, and I'm all current on episodes, but I will say the nepotism is getting old, and the 3rd season finale is a huge stretch of reality.

For those comments, I may just take you on a trip to the train station.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back