• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yedlin to Tottenham

Like Jik and I talked about in the MLS thread....bad move for him.....Spurs is notorious for high turnover of players.....and has zero developmental in its plans for young players...

He has a lot of potential and a bright future.....but the EPL wants ready made players....because of the huge amount of money the league generates.....

Yedlin still needs a lot of work on the defensive side of his game....PSG would have been a better move....

Probably will loan him out....

Bad move....

And MLS needs to stop giving players away.....$4M is a joke for his transfer fee....

Just dawned on me why he is not going right away.....can't get a work permit in England.....has to have played in 75% of USMNT games in the past year....

Last edited:
LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · Okay, I'll say it. Yedlin was far from done learning things in MLS. He's leaving too soon. Like Adu and Altidore and Agudelo and Shea did...

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · RE: Yedlin. When/if he does join Spurs for the 2015/16 season, he'll be 22. At that age, he won't really be considered a prospect anymore...

Screams squad player.....

LeanderLastNameNoFit @LeanderOnFOX · Kyle Walker, meanwhile, the (currently) immovable incumbent at right back, will still only be 25 then...

Yedlin going to Spurs is like a Class AA baseball project going to the Yankees and expecting to play everyday while he slowly improves his skill to better fit the major leagues. We all know that ain't happening. So why would we expect any different from this move to Tot? Just a horrible move. France would have been a great option. Low level Liga team would have been a good option. Almost anything would have been a better option in this specific situation. The guy is like 135 lbs. Maybe he will surprise all us and prove us wrong. But 135lb backs have a tough time in the EPL and Spurs will spit him out on loan as soon as he gets his feet wet.

Indeed....we agree on all.....

Yedlin going to Spurs is like a Class AA baseball project going to the Yankees and expecting to play everyday while he slowly improves his skill to better fit the major leagues. We all know that ain't happening. So why would we expect any different from this move to Tot? Just a horrible move. France would have been a great option. Low level Liga team would have been a good option. Almost anything would have been a better option in this specific situation. The guy is like 135 lbs. Maybe he will surprise all us and prove us wrong. But 135lb backs have a tough time in the EPL and Spurs will spit him out on loan as soon as he gets his feet wet.

agree with all, I just posted the same in MLS thread....bad move, not thinking about who is in front of him, team chemistry or anything; will likely rarely if ever play, and then be loaned out if possible

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back