• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Yahoo front page

You got me. I do think we look whinny. I hate not playing but I don't see the point in rallying the masses and getting hopes up to play a schedule when it isn't going to happen. I know @ShortSideOption has me on the inside information but I will believe it when I see it. I think Nebraska officials know they are not playing but I'm not sure what is their angle for continuing to play theatrics. Plenty of crow for me to eat if I'm wrong.
No way Ronnie Green signs that statement if they are just bluffing. It all feels more calculated to me

I think the money is -500 in Vegas for Nebraska not to play, so i'd put money on Nebraska at +350 or whatever to get a few games in for 2020. But the Big12 saying they are playing, and our administration as well as our head coach stating we are looking to play is a pretty easy sign that that's what we are moving towards. Ronnie Green, Bill Moos, and Scott Frost aren't stupid. They wouldn't publicly go against our commissioner if they didn't think there was a good chance to play. If the Big12 is pushing on, Iowa wants to play, Ohio State now saying they want to play, UCF or Notre Dame still hoping to play, they are going to need to fill schedules.

My inside info has basically became public at this point. Until everyone says they are done and there are still teams like what I mentioned in the previous paragraph, we have options. We have done such a good job containing the virus for our players we actually are a little dumbfounded by people saying we shouldn't play. Heck, some of the guys practicing with us right now actually played a contact football game during this whole thing.
I certainly like the power through the many more than Nebraska fighting this alone. My concern was that after the vote it appeared that every other school in the conference expressed disappointment but support for the decision while Nebraska ratcheted up a notch. I still don't think we play but I trust what you are telling me.

I certainly like the power through the many more than Nebraska fighting this alone. My concern was that after the vote it appeared that every other school in the conference expressed disappointment but support for the decision while Nebraska ratcheted up a notch. I still don't think we play but I trust what you are telling me.
Ya i'm not sure what to believe. I'm sure Frost isn't talking to other University Presidents, but he was of the opinion everyone would vote to play that he spoke to. Then it comes out that it was a 12-2 vote not to play?

I just don't get it. Because now all of a sudden a bunch of teams are exploring options to play, despite the vote not to play? I can't make sense of it.

Ya i'm not sure what to believe. I'm sure Frost isn't talking to other University Presidents, but he was of the opinion everyone would vote to play that he spoke to. Then it comes out that it was a 12-2 vote not to play?

I just don't get it. Because now all of a sudden a bunch of teams are exploring options to play, despite the vote not to play? I can't make sense of it.

The winds of public opinion blow strong. The big ten was getting killed this morning on SiriusXM.

As we should. You send out a schedule then five days later cancel the season? Pretty obvious we have zero clue what we are doing.

A lot of folks questioning what changed in the last week and why couldn't they wait a few more weeks to see how things are going before pulling the plug. there was also a lot of respect being given to SF, although most thought it was a vain effort/empty threat.

A lot of folks questioning what changed in the last week and why couldn't they wait a few more weeks to see how things are going before pulling the plug. there was also a lot of respect being given to SF, although most thought it was a vain effort/empty threat.
I heard that too. Meanwhile on liberal agenda backed ESPN we are getting torn to shreds. Lol.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back