• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

XFL Coming Back

It's one of many, I suppose. I took your comment as a blanket statement, my apologies.

In other words, as someone else mentioned, the players can leave if they want, but if they stay they will find it difficult to exercise their freedom of speech "on the boss' dime" as was mentioned.
It really depends on the player now doesn't it?

People get fired now for their stated points of view. If I recall one of the Duck Dynasty guys got suspended for making statements not aligned with the views of the network. ESPN has fired folks for making politically charged statements. I don’t see how requiring players to stand for the anthem is any different. If an employer wants to convey, or in this case avoid conveying a certain image, that is within their rights.

I’m not even one who cares if players stand or not. To me, kneeling when everyone says you need to stand is possibly more Americans than standing.

Do you believe the business owner could also rightfully force the players to wear signs promoting the owners political agenda? Maybe a hat that said "keep abortion safe and legal"? Would that also be within his rights? How far can it go? Obviously the same question could be asked in the other direction as well.
A business owner cant FORCE anyone to do anything, that is the point. If someone doesnt like the terms of their employment, they can quit. Everyone has the freedom of speech and expression, you do not have the freedom to say or express whatever you want and keep your job. People get fired all the time for expressing viewpoints contrary to the principles of their employer. You bet your ass that if I start proselytizing my political views when dealing with customers, my boss isnt going to be happy. Especially if I constantly told all the hard working, middle class homeowners I do jobs for how oppressive this country is. The *ONLY* reason the anthem issue is an issue at all is because the owners are afraid of backlash from the MSM who share Commie Kapernick and his ilk's distaste for this country.

How do you get to decide what is and what is not, disrespectful? Have you walked a mile in some of these guy's shoes?
Walked a mile in a professional athlete's shoes? No I havent, but Id sure love to.

Basic flag etiquette holds that you stand and show respect during flag ceremonies. Not because of the cloth, but because of who and what it represents.

A business owner cant FORCE anyone to do anything, that is the point. If someone doesnt like the terms of their employment, they can quit. Everyone has the freedom of speech and expression, you do not have the freedom to say or express whatever you want and keep your job. People get fired all the time for expressing viewpoints contrary to the principles of their employer. You bet your ass that if I start proselytizing my political views when dealing with customers, my boss isnt going to be happy. Especially if I constantly told all the hard working, middle class homeowners I do jobs for how oppressive this country is. The *ONLY* reason the anthem issue is an issue at all is because the owners are afraid of backlash from the MSM who share Commie Kapernick and his ilk's distaste for this country.
I guess I don't understand how the anthem is part of the term of employment. And would you also be okay with an owner insisting that all players kneel for the anthem?

Please explain how kneeling shows a distaste for the country or makes one a communist.

I guess I don't understand how the anthem is part of the term of employment. And would you also be okay with an owner insisting that all players kneel for the anthem?

Please explain how kneeling shows a distaste for the country or makes one a communist.
It isnt a mandatory rule that the players stand, obviously, but the owners are well within their rights to compel their employees to do so.

If an owner demanded his players to kneel, he'd be within his rights, he just wouldnt have anybody watching.

Kapernick decorating himself in the likeness of Fidel Castro for a press conference makes him a communist.

Last edited:

In answer to the first part, it is negatively impacting the employers business. You can bet your ask if I had an employee chasing away customers with their actions, they would be shown the door.

Really, they're just bringing attention to themselves. Kind of a respect thing, people died to make it that way, to live in the greatest country on earth. If they dislike it so much, gtfo. I'm sure they aren't bitching when cashing those checks. If life here sucks sooooo bad that you have to do that stuff, then move your ass out of here.

Really, they're just bringing attention to themselves. Kind of a respect thing, people died to make it that way, to live in the greatest country on earth. If they dislike it so much, gtfo. I'm sure they aren't bitching when cashing those checks. If life here sucks sooooo bad that you have to do that stuff, then move your ass out of here.
Again, saying that its about disliking the country is just ignorant. I agree that its attention whorish...but so is grandstanding about how it is a big deal that some are kneeling.

None of this matters, as the XFL is doomed before it gets started. Like it or not, but if a guy wants to not stand for the National Anthem, it should be his right, however, it should and is the right of that same persons employer to show them the door if they don't comply or like the employers rules. If these guys want to protest, they should do it on their own time. If they do it against their employers wishes, then find another job, it's really just that simple.

Again, saying that its about disliking the country is just ignorant. I agree that its attention whorish...but so is grandstanding about how it is a big deal that some are kneeling.
It's not the time or place for that. It's nonsense. Gtfo if life is so bad here. Go find a better place. I don't get it, I just don't get it. Force feeding any agenda isn't a solution, but the truth is.

None of this matters, as the XFL is doomed before it gets started. Like it or not, but if a guy wants to not stand for the National Anthem, it should be his right, however, it should and is the right of that same persons employer to show them the door if they don't comply or like the employers rules. If these guys want to protest, they should do it on their own time. If they do it against their employers wishes, then find another job, it's really just that simple.
Agree protests should be on their own time. So should the NA to be honest.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back