• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wyoming D.C. Gets relieved of Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you didn't hurt your TV's feelings, and when you cooled down you explained that it was the heat of the moment and you were just trying to make it better. It probably just needs to work on its "eye recognition".

I feel bad for those coaches (regardless of how much money they make) getting canned in the middle of a season. That being said at some point the benefit of the whole program needs to outweigh the feelings of one person.

Texas did it and hasn't looked back

It's not that they figured out what we are doing, they figured out that we still haven't fixed what's been broken for over a year. Teams will continue to exploit those weaknesses until they're fixed.

that is not fair. BO said he knew they ran it and they were ready for it. Mn tricked them though and ran it from new formations...Time and time and time and time and time and time again. And being the Def genus BO is I'm sure he will study film and be able to stop it by the time we play Iowa

that is not fair. BO said he knew they ran it and they were ready for it. Mn tricked them though and ran it from new formations...Time and time and time and time and time and time again. And being the Def genus BO is I'm sure he will study film and be able to stop it by the time we play Iowa

Which year? I appears we are suppose to be patient, theses young pups need some time to develop.

I hope you didn't hurt your TV's feelings, and when you cooled down you explained that it was the heat of the moment and you were just trying to make it better. It probably just needs to work on its "eye recognition".

The TV's fine but the cat and dog still haven't come out from under the couch.

:lol: I stand corrected.

I saw that Wyoming relieved their D.C. Chris Tormey this a.m. HC Christensen said he thought this gave his team and the young men the best opportunity to succeed. Anyone else a little envious?

This my first post so let the beat-down begin.:stickouttongue:

Welcome to the board, IB. Wyoming has never gotten over the beat down we gave them so this isn't completely unexpected.

Last edited:

When is Bo going to realize that his defensive scheme is just too complicated for young college players? Maybe it works when his guys have been in the system for three or four years, but it won’t work with first and second year guys. Switching around the linebackers is not going to make any difference. They tried using a similar system at So Cal and it didn’t work there either.

Unless Bo changes his scheme I am in the 1% who thinks he must go.

Oh by the way welcome to the board IB.

Never. In Bo's mind the problem is always that the players just didn't execute.

He's had defenses that were dominate, so it's not that the scheme is too complex.

One thing, though... Bo has taken responsibility for the lack of execution, which he absolutely should.

He's had defenses that were dominate, so it's not that the scheme is too complex.

One thing, though... Bo has taken responsibility for the lack of execution, which he absolutely should.

Yes but those dominate defenses weren't full of first and second year players up front were they? You have to be smart enough to adjust to the players you have or you will lose. If we keep Bo our defense will be dominate in two years but then they will all graduate and we will be back to where we are today.

Reminds me of a HC of a few years ago was has hell bent on running his "system" regardless of the fact that his personnel was not fit to run it. That resulted in the end of the bowl participation streak for NU. A good coach adjusts his system to fit his personnel. Not make excuses about execution. Reminds me of the old John McKay quip when asked about his teams execution, he replied that they were terrible but he wouldn't resort to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back