• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wyoming D.C. Gets relieved of Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBwrong

Red Shirt
5 Year Member
I saw that Wyoming relieved their D.C. Chris Tormey this a.m. HC Christensen said he thought this gave his team and the young men the best opportunity to succeed. Anyone else a little envious?

This my first post so let the beat-down begin.:stickouttongue:

I feel bad for those coaches (regardless of how much money they make) getting canned in the middle of a season. That being said at some point the benefit of the whole program needs to outweigh the feelings of one person.

Wyoming . . . where the standards are higher than Nebraska

Gawd, that sounds misplaced doesn't it?

:Biggrin:

Christensen is kind of a loon. Remember his outburst against the Air Force coach (calling him fly boy and Mr. Bleeping Howdy Doody) after the game last year on Military Appreciation Day?

I would post a link to the video here, but the only one I can find that still works has profanity in the link reference.

Welcome to the board! I don't think Bo needs to fire anyone mid-season, but I would have liked to see some rearranging of duties. Maybe that already happened behind the scenes and we just don't know about it. In any case, whatever Bo is doing just ain't working.

I Just think a big time program deserves better than a D.C. who's essentially receiving on the job training at the expense of the team.

The fact that we are incapable of making in-game adjustments is frustrating!

Every week the opponents figure out what we're doing, make adjustments, and we're totally flummoxed. And this trend has existed for years.

It's not that they figured out what we are doing, they figured out that we still haven't fixed what's been broken for over a year. Teams will continue to exploit those weaknesses until they're fixed.

Thanks for the welcomes. Have enjoyed the site for a while, thought it was time to pony up. Thanks for having me!

It's not that they figured out what we are doing, they figured out that we still haven't fixed what's been broken for over a year. Teams will continue to exploit those weaknesses until they're fixed.

What would really please me for instance, would be Beck installing the jet sweep for our offense to run! Not only another dimension for Abdullah and Co., but maybe our defense could learn how to stop it. I'm no genius but am pretty sure we're gonna see that a lot in the coming weeks.

What would really please me for instance, would be Beck installing the jet sweep for our offense to run! Not only another dimension for Abdullah and Co., but maybe our defense could learn how to stop it. I'm no genius but am pretty sure we're gonna see that a lot in the coming weeks.

:thumbsup: BINGO what a novel concept!

I agree. I know they focus a lot on the other teams tendencies and the practice squad runs those plays but it appears to me they have never gone back and fixed the weaknesses that UCLA and Wisconsin exposed. Other teams are going away from their tendencies and implementing those plays we can't stop. That's what came to mind when Pelini said Minni was doing some things that we hadn't seen them do before. I think I yelled at the TV when he said that. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back