• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WSU retrospective article on Moos

Kate Upton has been the #1 candidate of lots of dudes for a while. Even if you talk a good game, have a huge house (in order of course), and a ton of cash, if she smells BS you have no chance.

An AD making SF the #1 target guaranteed nothing.
Thanks... that was my point from the get go!!!!!

No way Moos should be credited for listening to Davison...other AD’s would have their own guy in mind. Great leaders listen and they surround themselves with good people. Moos and Frost are both leaders Husker fans are fortunate to have both. Davison is doing incredibly good things behind the scenes they’re all unselfish men who care about this program and the young men who play for them.
I believe we are in agreement on this one...... Different people get very different results even when pursuing similar goals. Completely agree we are very lucky to have both of them.

Kate Upton has been the #1 candidate of lots of dudes for a while. Even if you talk a good game, have a huge house (in order of course), and a ton of cash, if she smells BS you have no chance.

An AD making SF the #1 target guaranteed nothing.
You can have Kate. I'll take Salma.
salmamain.jpg

I believe we are in agreement on this one...... Different people get very different results even when pursuing similar goals. Completely agree we are very lucky to have both of them.
Eichorst was influenced by Pearlman an administrator( a not a very good one) he was a lawyer not a football man. Your AD at this level better be a good football man, Bob Devaney had a lot of influence on TO and TO bailed Nebraska out after Peterson’s mess with Callahan. Moos made some good decisions in his short tenure especially his decision to keep Miles and allowing Frost to expand the roster.Moss built Oregon and Washington State, as fans we are lucky to have him in charge.

Getting rid of SE was the last piece of the puzzle. Without that, Oz would've never given Scott the green light.
Firing SE was the FIRST piece of the puzzle, IMO, and likely done with the clear objective of replacing Riley with Frost, even before a new AD was hired. Getting Frost to NU was the goal even before Moos was hired.

My only complaints about Moos thus far are his lack of a weather control machine and his lack of foresight in not having #44 arrested as soon as he entered the state from the West.

EDIT: Stink palming Gebbia’s Dad would have earned him a little more leeway as well.

Last edited:
So their biggest concern is he left in the middle of the football season? He was wasn't the football coach. He was the AD and last I knew sports go pretty much all year long. When would have been a good time to leave a bad situation?

Getting rid of SE was the last piece of the puzzle. Without that, Oz would've never given Scott the green light.
Everything, every person and every piece had to be in place, from Bounds to Green to Davison to Moos, and everyone in between. It took the entire NU system to be on the same page, in order to make it right for SF to take the job. The first step was to get rid of that snake perlman.

When Pelini made the comment about the administration being whack (I don't remember the exact wording) I thought he was just making excuses. But after the pieces finally fell in place, with Moos the final piece, it all made sense.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back