• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR coach Keith Williams gets 30 days in jail for his DUI

If 30 days in jail gets him closer to the realization of the seriousness of his actions it's a small price to pay. Thank God no one was injured or killed. Perhaps he'll be encouraged to suffer these consequences.I pray he can win his battle with this problem.

If 30 days in jail gets him closer to the realization of the seriousness of his actions it's a small price to pay. Thank God no one was injured or killed. Perhaps he'll be encouraged to suffer these consequences.I pray he can win his battle with this problem.
Hoping that having his son right there next to him every day, together on the same team can be even more motivating and encouraging for him to be his best.

Drunk drivers should definitely come to Colorado! Even after finally joining almost all of the rest of the country and making multiple DUIs a felony, we almost never give jail time!

A guy last summer was sentenced to one year of work release plus probation for his 5th conviction. It was his 7th arrest, so apparently we give a couple of mulligans just to be nice!

This lovely woman was finally sentenced to 60 days in jail. We should feel sorry for her. It was only her 7th conviction. :(

ashby-capito.jpg

The best part is, just last summer she was quoted in the press as saying Aspen's drug court, which is supposed to give you rehabilitation instead of punishment, "Had saved her life." A month later she crashed into a home with twice the legal limit of alcohol in her blood.

We might as well leave loaded guns hidden around schools and have easter egg hunts.

Sorry, this issue kind of gets my ire up. Nebraskans should be glad if their legal system is a little tougher than ours out here. And glad if Williams has to pay his debt like any other of these idiots.

Last edited:
With or without house arrest, he'll still very likely be able to coach throughout the whole sentence. He will apply, and probably be granted work release. Which is something that people serving jail, not prison, sentences are eligible for.

My guess is he'll work a deal to serve in May or July, which would allow him to not miss any practices or camps.
Article said work release -- would serve him well to sleep in the county facility each night--certainly humbling.

Well that's unfortunate, but sometimes it's the wake-up call many people desperately need. Rival coaches definitely have ammo they can use in recruiting battles against Coach Dub...
I agree, but I think it is baked into the cake at this point. No doubt he has a pretty good response to just about any question that comes and can spin the events into his own quest for betterment.
(And your new avatar blows. ;))

Last edited:

Article said work release -- would serve him well to sleep in the county facility each night--certainly humbling.

I agree, but I think it is baked into the cake at this point. No doubt he has a pretty good response to just about any question that comes and can spin the events into his own quest for betterment.
(And your new avatar blows. ;))
I couldn't agree more with the bold. What is that ugly thing covering up that BEAUTIFUL :Ironn:

Drunk drivers should definitely come to Colorado! Even after finally joining almost all of the rest of the country and making multiple DUIs a felony, we almost never give jail time!

A guy last summer was sentenced to one year of work release plus probation for his 5th conviction. It was his 7th arrest, so apparently we give a couple of mulligans just to be nice!

This lovely woman was finally sentenced to 60 days in jail. We should feel sorry for her. It was only her 7th conviction. :(

ashby-capito.jpg

The best part is, just last summer she was quoted in the press as saying Aspen's drug court, which is supposed to give you rehabilitation instead of punishment, "Had saved her life." A month later she crashed into a home with twice the legal limit of alcohol in her blood.

We might as well leave loaded guns hidden around schools and have easter egg hunts.

Sorry, this issue kind of gets my ire up. Nebraskans should be glad if their legal system is a little tougher than ours out here. And glad if Williams has to pay his debt like any other of these idiots.

And yet, someone very close to me in Denver just spent 30 days in jail and a years probation and 15 days house arrest for second offense.

Last edited:
And yet, someone very close to me in Denver just spent 30 days in jail and a years probation and 15 days house arrest for second offense.

It's true. Part of the story here now is there are huge disparities. I suspect it's a combination of lots of weak judges and counties that don't want to pay for incarceration.

Last edited:
The inconsistencies are terribly frustrating. I think it sends a bad message. Makes it hard to take the "don't drink and drive" thing seriously.

I hear about circumstances such as you describe, and while not necessarily the same thing here, maybe he was or was perceived as disrespectful to the judge or the court in some way, such as attitude or dress. It most assuredly doesn't pay to anger the judge or the prosecutor.

The inconsistencies are terribly frustrating. I think it sends a bad message. Makes it hard to take the "don't drink and drive" thing seriously.

Well.... I kind of agree with you, but I think the vast majority of people take "don't drink and drive" seriously no matter what the potential legal consequences. You may be right, though about those whose weakness allows them to immorally put others at so great a risk. I'd love to see universally serious consequences in the hope a serious disruption of their lives will be a deterrent.

If I was a judge and someone with 5 DUIs was standing in front of me, I'd be thinking, this is a murderer. He just hasn't done it yet.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back