• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

WR Barry Jackson Flips To Cincinnati

I think he is going to end beating out alot of higher rated WRs. His rating is under valued. Cedar Grove is a powerhouse in Metro Atlanta and had multiple D1 prospects making announcements. They were featured on the local news stations this week.I gotta put on my Husker gear and go to some games this season.
Nice!!!!! Get down there man! That's awesome.

It is clear Joseph sees huge huge upside. If that's the case, it is definitely good enough for me. IMWT

Last edited:

That's not the time I was hoping for.
Film says different. Track speed doesn't always translate to football speed once the pads are on. While track speed is a decent indicator, depending upon the athlete and his build it may not translate. He isn't the fastest off the mark, but once he gets going look out. Which is actually perfect for slot type receivers that run lots of movement routes. I trust Mickey on this one.

Yup his HUDL film is pretty impressive against top tier talent in the Atlanta area. Highly recommend everyone go watch it.

Agree Mickey knows what he is doing

Sam remarked as such too in an article after he committed that "Jackson has speed to burn in the slot"

Also saw over at Huskerboard a poster claiming he ran an 11.02

Regardless the film does not lie

Article below

Film says different. Track speed doesn't always translate to football speed once the pads are on. While track speed is a decent indicator, depending upon the athlete and his build it may not translate. He isn't the fastest off the mark, but once he gets going look out. Which is actually perfect for slot type receivers that run lots of movement routes. I trust Mickey on this one.

Last edited:
Yup his HUDL film is pretty impressive against top tier talent in the Atlanta area. Highly recommend everyone go watch it.

Agree Mickey knows what he is doing

Sam remarked as such too in an article after he recruited "Jackson has speed to burn in the slot"

Kids like Barry will pull the safeties back and make linebackers honor a deeper drop on an RPO, opening up the run game. You have to love a kid that can blow the top off from the slot, who could develop into an outside guy depending upon his growth. I think Husker fans will love this guy. If he puts the work in, he'll only get faster and smoother from what I can see.

Kids like Barry will pull the safeties back and make linebackers honor a deeper drop on an RPO, opening up the run game. You have to love a kid that can blow the top off from the slot, who could develop into an outside guy depending upon his growth. I think Husker fans will love this guy. If he puts the work in, he'll only get faster and smoother from what I can see.

Like his coach said in an article he can put put a defense on its head

I agree his film is beyond impressive and under Mickey's coaching he will only get better if as you said he puts in the work

well said. Jameson Williams, former tide and current line WR didn't run at combine, ACL...but lions used game gps technology to see his speed on the field...23 mph

That's trueish, but speed is speed. 11.18 in the 100 isn't great and you'd hope a WR being billed as fast would run it much quicker than that.

How valuable is that? He’s not going to be running 100m ever on the field. What’s his 40 time? Is he a natural sprinter?
You're right. We better never see anyone post a track time in a recruiting thread again. I hope you'll join me in calling out those who do it in nearly every recruit thread in the future. I know I can count on you.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back