• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wow! The Vikings!

I was thinking about all the post-season failures for the Vikings all during the fourth quarter. You could just FEEL disaster getting ready to strike the Vikings all quarter. After all the failed kicks they have had, they even had a kicker make a FG to take the lead with 1:30 left. But even then you knew it wasn't going to be enough. Sure enough, the Saints drive and take the lead with a FG of their own.

Then the desperation heave, I was thinking "get out of bounds" but the safety whiffed completely. Then it was, don't go out of bounds, score the TD, man. And the beauty of it (from Vikings perspective), they didn't have to bite their nails one more time for a last second FG miss (which you could still feel was coming).

What a game. 4 lead changes in last 3 minutes or so.

If I am that Saints safety, I don't know if I go into the lockerroom or not. What a whiff. All he had to do is tackle the guy--a receiver in the air with his back to the safety. What a whiff. One for the ages.

I was thinking about all the post-season failures for the Vikings all during the fourth quarter. You could just FEEL disaster getting ready to strike the Vikings all quarter. After all the failed kicks they have had, they even had a kicker make a FG to take the lead with 1:30 left. But even then you knew it wasn't going to be enough. Sure enough, the Saints drive and take the lead with a FG of their own.

Then the desperation heave, I was thinking "get out of bounds" but the safety whiffed completely. Then it was, don't go out of bounds, score the TD, man. And the beauty of it (from Vikings perspective), they didn't have to bite their nails one more time for a last second FG miss (which you could still feel was coming).

What a game. 4 lead changes in last 3 minutes or so.

If I am that Saints safety, I don't know if I go into the lockerroom or not. What a whiff. All he had to do is tackle the guy--a receiver in the air with his back to the safety. What a whiff. One for the ages.

That "whiff" looked awfully fishy to me.

That "whiff" looked awfully fishy to me.
Yeah, looked like a WWE move where the wrestler flings opponent into ropes, lowers his head, then gets his face kicked by the other wrestler on the rebound. The announcer always says "he telegraphed that move." But it always looks fishy especially when the opponent takes to long to bounce back and the first wrestler has to stand their with his head down for longer than is reasonable.

It appeared he intentionally avoided contact

Odd

The only thing I can think of is that he was going for the hit, realized late he'd get there early, and tried to duck away to not get a PI flag?

The crazy thing it was N.O. called a timeout the play before that. I imagine the coaches were stressing "let them catch it, and tackle them in bounds and it's over." Crazy.

1200px-Philadelphia_Eagles_wordmark.svg.png

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back