• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

world cup -- size of the field ??

Power of Corn

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I looked up 3-4 different sources of the field size and came up the the same thing, which doesnt make sense.

All sources said the size could vary, even for this FIFA world cup matches. length could be 100-130 yards long, width could be 50-100 yards wide.

seems rather strange that the size of field can vary so much, even within the same tournament ? can anyone shed some info on this for me.

FIFA has what they call an optimal range 110–120 yards long by 70–80 yards wide thus allowing for interpretation by the individual clubs.....thus your question answered....much like baseball and nothing like American football where fields are all the same.....

Lot of clubs use the size of the field to their advantage.....much like baseball......

The standard size seems to be 115 yards long by 75 yards wide (i.e. Old Trafford Manchester)......

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back