• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Women's Rugby Sevens 2016 Olympic Qualifying

4evrHusker

All Big 10
15 Year Member
The USA Lady Eagles participated in the NACRA (North America Caribbean Rugby Association) 2016 Olympic Qualifying Tournament on June 13 & June 14. The Lady Eagles ran roughshod over their opponents. One try (5 points) conceded in 6 matches, while scoring on average over 60 points per match. Yes, another world sport where the US Women are better than the Men......

Round Robin Play
June 1311:45 AMUSA450Jamaica
June 132:06 PMUSA740Barbados
June 134:28 PMUSA500Cayman
Cup Quarterfinal Match
June 149:44 AMBahamas059USA
Cup Semifinal Match
June 1412:29 PMJamaica553USA
Cup Final Match
June 145:04 PMMexico088USA

<tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Wow! Almost shut-out against foes.

I need to understand Rugby rules and scoring (completely ignorant). However I followed Aussie Football rules .... well kinda. What's the toughest, Rugby or Aussie ?

Of course both sports without helmets and pads. American Football .... sissies ! :sarcasm:

Lingerie_Football_swiff.jpg

oh BTW, proposed change in Huskers football program, slightly :nod: :drool: ;)

Last edited:
Rugby is what American football evolved from, and where many football terms came from. The scoring is as follows: 5 points for a try, 2 points for a conversion of a try, & 3 points for a ball kicked through the uprights, whether it is done so during the run of play, known as a drop kick, or from a spot where a penalty is awarded, usually kicked off of a tee. Some terms American football has taken from rugby include touchdown, the act of scoring in rugby where you actually ground the ball under control. Line of scrimmage, in rugby it is the scrummage line, or the line to gain to ensure that you are moving the ball towards the try line. There are also quarterbacks, halfbacks & a fullback in rugby, the pack in rugby is comparable to the linemen & linebackers, the back line would be receivers & defensive backs.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back