• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Women's Bowling National Title: Nebraska vs Arkansas State Update: Huskers National Champions!

It's a good thing Nebraska has one sport where they are capable of going bowling.

sPwgpLj.gif

ESPN2 showed the championship match last night. Here are some observations from someone (me) who had not seen college bowling before:
- I thought the format was interesting, with 5 bowlers per team, taking turns. I liked it.
- Each bowler therefore only bowls two frames per game. The rest of the time they stand around and cheer. It has to be tough to get into any sort of a rhythm.
- It is also interesting that each team stands in a group the entire time, right on the back edge of the alley. The only time I noticed anyone sitting down was when they went to talk to a coach.
- I admire the fact that they never show disappointment with any roll no matter the outcome. There are high-fives all around after each roll and although they were all wearing masks it didn't appear that anyone ever got down on themselves.
- There was more diversity than I would have expected in a sport like bowling, at least with these two teams. I already knew that one of Nebraska's bowlers is from Mexico, which is interesting because you wouldn't expect Mexico to be a bowling hotbed.
- All of the Arkansas State bowling balls were either orange or purple, which was strange because their school colors are red and black. Maybe there was a sale on surplus orange and purple bowling balls in Arkansas. ;)
- The Nebraska bowling balls were all different colors, but I didn't see any red ones. :(..........;)
- The Nebraska bowlers were wearing shorts which I thought was a better choice than the skirts that the Arkansas State bowlers were wearing. They seemed to be constantly tugging on them to keep them down.
- Oh, and last but not least.....congrats to the National Championship Nebraska team!
:Huskerflag:

Came in expecting lots of "finally went bowling" jokes. Left satisfied.

Congrats to the Huskers!!!

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back