• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked With the whispers of Coach Brown retiring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Merle
What (whose) whispers? Are these your own rumors, or are you willing to tell us where these whispers came from? I am not impressed with your reference to "whispers".

And SBHusker said:
And I care what your impressed with why????

Well let's see you put it as the subject line? Then don't support it with anything, but go on to suggest it's done with " wish it wasn't true! " How about you hope it's not true?

So he has a point rumor boy...ah "whispers". Multiple even.

The bigger question is the inconsistency of the mods with their own 'rules' on the fly. Take one from BO, it's about consistency of process.

What (whose) whispers? Are these your own rumors, or are you willing to tell us where these whispers came from? I am not impressed with your reference to "whispers".

And SBHusker said:

Well let's see you put it as the subject line? Then don't support it with anything, but go on to suggest it's done with " wish it wasn't true! " How about you hope it's not true?

The bigger question is the inconsistency of the mods with their own 'rules' on the fly. Take one from BO, it's about consistency of process.

You have a point on forum/mod consistency. Personally I don't care if rumors are allowed or disallowed, but dammit someone needs to at least IM when the rumors are flying so that I can really know the scoop!

Love rumors. The lifeblood of trolls. They take on a life all their own. And the beauty of it is, there doesn't have to be any truth to it at all. The second beauty, is even the most fabricated phony rumors come true about 0.2% of the time (sometimes they can be a self-fulfilling prophecy) by coincidence. Then the trolls claim credibility.

But the trolls only start the rumors, and then flame the rumors at every opportunity. After awhile, unsuspecting people get lulled in and pass the rumors along to other unsuspecting people who then pass it along. On and on it goes while the trolls sit back and laugh and laugh and laugh.

Here's a new rumor. I have heard very loud "whispers" that the rumors about Brown retiring are all complete 100% horse @#$%. But that is just a rumor so take it with a grain of salt.

Ron Brown is not retiring.

Good to know!! Even though he will retire eventually. We all do! Those of you that have attacked me on this thread its time to grow up. I am a paying member at site just like you guys. I have contributed many rumors and facts to this board in the almost 7 years I have been here just as many of you have. I have contributed alot to the recruiting board in the past. If you want to attack my message feel free to do it. Thats why we post. But stop attacking me. Calling me the coach whisperer and other names is ridiculous and completely uncalled for.

Some of the stuff I get is rumors but at the same time alot of it is true, I am a paying member of Rivals, and have a friend who is a member on Scout whom shares info. I spend alot of time trying to research some of the stuff on here and some of the other Husker sites. I got the "whispers" from Rivals. The majority of the time I find the people there to be correct. All of the time no. I would of posted a link, but unless your a paying member it does no good. Why is that everybody jumps my a$$ mentioning that Coach Brown may be retiring, yet when I mention another coach maybe having an interview I didnt get jumped then? Same substantial evidence. Coach Brown contemplated retiring last year and there are articles providing this info outside of Huskermax(Sometimes ya got to do a little looking outside the box). So when people are saying these thoughts are coming up again, its gonna get mentioned. GET OVER IT! There are some very reliable people at Rivals. The likes of John Talman, Sean Callahan, and Mike Matya are people I will always turn to for my Husker info. They get paid for it! They arent trolls at Huskermax who act tough behind a keyboard!!!!

Not once in my original thread did I say Coach Brown is retiring today or tomorrow. I simply said that people are starting to talk about it, and its gonna be a sad day when it eventually happens. Nothing wrong with that! In closing, I just try to pass along the stuff I hear like people such as Red Reign, Born To Be Red, HIO, and many others that try to make this a great place. So please, stop trolling, stop attacking me!

Good to know!! Even though he will retire eventually. We all do! Those of you that have attacked me on this thread its time to grow up. I am a paying member at site just like you guys. I have contributed many rumors and facts to this board in the almost 7 years I have been here just as many of you have. I have contributed alot to the recruiting board in the past. If you want to attack my message feel free to do it. Thats why we post. But stop attacking me. Calling me the coach whisperer and other names is ridiculous and completely uncalled for.

Some of the stuff I get is rumors but at the same time alot of it is true, I am a paying member of Rivals, and have a friend who is a member on Scout whom shares info. I spend alot of time trying to research some of the stuff on here and some of the other Husker sites. I got the "whispers" from Rivals. The majority of the time I find the people there to be correct. All of the time no. I would of posted a link, but unless your a paying member it does no good. Why is that everybody jumps my a$$ mentioning that Coach Brown may be retiring, yet when I mention another coach maybe having an interview I didnt get jumped then? Same substantial evidence. Coach Brown contemplated retiring last year and there are articles providing this info outside of Huskermax(Sometimes ya got to do a little looking outside the box). So when people are saying these thoughts are coming up again, its gonna get mentioned. GET OVER IT! There are some very reliable people at Rivals. The likes of John Talman, Sean Callahan, and Mike Matya are people I will always turn to for my Husker info. They get paid for it! They arent trolls at Huskermax who act tough behind a keyboard!!!!

Not once in my original thread did I say Coach Brown is retiring today or tomorrow. I simply said that people are starting to talk about it, and its gonna be a sad day when it eventually happens. Nothing wrong with that! In closing, I just try to pass along the stuff I hear like people such as Red Reign, Born To Be Red, HIO, and many others that try to make this a great place. So please, stop trolling, stop attacking me!

Well, SB that is almost a credible defense of your position. I don't think you helped yourself when you responded that you didin't care what anyone (me) thought! Next time, don't put a word like "whisper" in your thread title if you are not prepared to substantiate it. Anyway, peace, I have no desire to fight with anyone.

This thread is within the rules....

http://www.huskermax.com/vbbs/showthread.php?27038-Reminder-on-the-posting-of-rumors-*PLEASE-READ*

And SBHusker said:

THe sight of Penn State and Nebraska players huddled at midfield before that game has to be one of my proudest husker moments forever. Coach Brown would be missed for a lot more than his coaching prowess

polar opposite religiously, but hell of a leader of young men...plus I love to look like that if I ever get to be his age

funny, I never figured Ron Brown to be a particularly "religious" guy. Spiritual, yes.

Religion and spirituality are two very different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back