• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wish we could get this kid as a preferred walk-on

Oh I see! The “we” that you refer to is the NU coaching staff and that is their opinion and you are merely passing the information along to me as a mere mortal.

Sorry, that’s still an opinion. (Notice the use of bold rather than caps for emphasis )
Lol - no worries, I realized when you went caps on me it was getting a bit down a path I wasn't trying to take it.

I for one like the kids film... pretty sure our staff would take a walk-on that "statistically would show a better upside", especially with 6 QBs already on the roster. As others have pointed out, there are only so many spots, and if we are turning away all-state linemen due to being too short, it means numbers are tight. All that said, you bring this kid in every day of the week in some situations. I believe one year we only had 3 QBs on the roster total. The kids stats say he deserves a shot, but time and time again, you see kids like this try it then bump down a level.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back