• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wisconsin Basketball

wcbsas

All Big 10
20 Year Member
Nebrasketball is not exactly setting the world on fire but Wisconsin has not had a good week this past week:

1. #2 leading scorer, PG and starter Kobe King quit the team
2. Brad Davidson is suspended for being an outright punk on the basketball court -and-
3. Wisconsin native Tyler Herro - who decommitted from the Badgers, was one-and-done at Kentucky and the 13th pick overall by the Miami Heat comes out against UW Basketball

1580423834261.png

King, a redshirt sophomore from La Crosse Central High School, entered the week leading UW in scoring in Big Ten play (12.6 points per game) and No. 2 on the team in scoring in all games (10.0).

King had struggled in league play since the start of the second semester.

In four games – Maryland, Michigan State, Nebraska and Purdue – King averaged 6.8 points and 1.8 rebounds. He was 0 of 4 from three-point range and 10 of 34 overall.

UW (12-9, 5-5 Big Ten) hosts No. 14 Michigan State (15-5, 7-2) on Saturday.

"Being a student-athlete in the Wisconsin men’s basketball program is a special privilege and opportunity,” head coach Greg Gard said in a release. “And I am disappointed Kobe has chosen to leave, particularly at this time.

“But I respect his right to do what he feels is in his best interest. I wish Kobe all the best.

FYI ... Wisconsin is near the bottom of D1 basketball in offensive pace ... Virginia is below them but UVA has a proven system with a NC banner to support their strategy!

Difference between this squad and Bo Ryan's squad is they recruit the same kind of players but Ryan developed them much more efficiently than his lead assistant and predecessor Greg Gard has done.

You could have almost predicted the Badgers down two players would beat Michigan State.

I am looking forward to NU beating them in Lincoln in a couple of weeks.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back