• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Wisconsin 7-5. did not beat a team in the Big Ten with a winning record this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everything points to this being a dogfight:

--All the pressure is on Nebraska
--It's a rematch game
--It was a dogfight earlier in the year at home and with Baker and Jackson
--Wisconsin will likely be ticked off after a week of hearing about how they don't belong in the game

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but Borland, their best defensive player did not play today and is questionable to play next week. Also, Abberderis left the game today with a concussion and is his 2nd one in the last month, so he could possibly be out, as well.

Yup their LB who is a great one.....

Thanks for clearing up what happened to Abberdeis....:)

I don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but Borland, their best defensive player did not play today and is questionable to play next week. Also, Abberderis left the game today with a concussion and is his 2nd one in the last month, so he could possibly be out, as well.

Never knew you flew in the USAF.....;)

Flying an F-16 in the back seat of a D-model was a load of fun....:nod: :cool:

Oh you know I didn't fly for a living. I have flown though, just not as a rated pilot. T-33, F-4C/D, RF-4C, F-105. Loads of fun. Especially the practice bomb dropping.

and I broke the speed of sound in an F-100F. That was neat.

Last edited:
I believe it is difficult to play a decent team twice in a season, the Badgers will be very motivated and can make their season with a win in the Championship game.
That said, the Huskers should win if they play a decent game. It will be a challenge for our Dline with Steinkuhler missing.
But the Husker offense is significantly better than it was the last time the Huskers faced the Badgers.
Now if the Huskers can find someone who can field a punt. :confused:
Huskers by 10!
GO B1G RED! :thumbsup:

Everything points to this being a dogfight:

--All the pressure is on Nebraska
--It's a rematch game
--It was a dogfight earlier in the year at home and with Baker and Jackson
--Wisconsin will likely be ticked off after a week of hearing about how they don't belong in the game

yup.

I recall many folks saying how Iowa was just going to roll over..... how bad they were. Well, they were bad...very bad and the Huskers nearly matched their bad.

This game will be hard to win for NU. Martinez will have to be sharp and the D-line sans 55 will need to continue to bring it.

You realize that 20-40 mph winds really affect a game, right?

That means virtually no passing game, and forget about stretching a defense.

All either team could do is run, and both defenses knew it...

Hence why it was a 13-7 game.

P.S. We play in a dome on Saturday

yup.

I recall many folks saying how Iowa was just going to roll over..... how bad they were. Well, they were bad...very bad and the Huskers nearly matched their bad.

This game will be hard to win for NU. Martinez will have to be sharp and the D-line sans 55 will need to continue to bring it.

You realize that 20-40 mph winds really affect a game, right?

That means virtually no passing game, and forget about stretching a defense.

All either team could do is run, and both defenses knew it...

Hence why it was a 13-7 game.

P.S. We play in a dome on Saturday

I certainly did realize that..... and both teams played under the exact same conditions and it was a close game on the scoreboard. Iowa had a chance at the end with the ball... but were just plain bad enough to not do anything with it....and NU just good enough to make sure they didn't. But that's besides the point. The point is Iowa really wasn't an easy game like some said it would be (regardless of the conditions). Despite UW coming in with at 7-5 record and no quality wins, they will be a tough out for the Huskers. GUARANTEED. p.s. in a dome or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back