• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Tre Bryant begin to emerge as a sophomore as Roy Helu did?

Will Tre Bryant begin to emerge as a sophomore as Roy Helu did?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greatest Fan of All

The Legend
10 Year Member
tre bryant had remarkably similar statistics to roy helu in his freshman campaign. Roy emerged as a sophomore while sharing time, will Tre Bryant do the same?

Freshman year:
Roy Helu - 50 touches - 249 yards
Tre Bryant - 51 touches - 228 yards

Sophomore year:
Roy Helu - 150 touches - 1069 yards

tre bryant had remarkably similar statistics to roy helu in his freshman campaign. Roy emerged as a sophomore while sharing time, will Tre Bryant do the same?

Freshman year:

Sophomore year:
If that happens we will have a great year. If bryant or any of our backs crack 1K then we are doing well.

Your 1st option is worded perfectly. IMO he could break out but we just don't know what the offense will look like.

I really needed an option that said 'not sure, and have many opinions'. ;)

He needs to hang onto the ball.

I'm trying to remember a memorable run by him last year. None comes to mind.

I remember the fumbles.
Tell us more about those fumbles you remember. I'd like to go back and check them out online, because while I remember a few fumbles by Tre, a few were the result of bizarrely thrown screen passes that he somehow managed to catch just before bring creamed by the defense. I think one was on a KO return, but am not sure. But, since they are so clear in your mind, perhaps, you could point me in the right spots to see them.

Tell us more about those fumbles you remember. I'd like to go back and check them out online, because while I remember a few fumbles by Tre, a few were the result of bizarrely thrown screen passes that he somehow managed to catch just before bring creamed by the defense. I think one was on a KO return, but am not sure. But, since they are so clear in your mind, perhaps, you could point me in the right spots to see them.

Considering there were only 16 total with 5 lost verses the 10 year average of 35 with 16 lost, it is easier to remember them. :Biggrin:

C

Freshman year:

Sophomore year:
Excellent post. I certainly hope he develops as THE guy back there. Running back by committee just doesn't do it for me.

Will anyone get the ball enough times to ever get into a rythym? Will it commit to the run enough, or 2-4 running plays followed by 7 passes in the next 9 plays? Or, 2 series, then in comes the next back? 2 carries and the starter is back in. Lots of variables to know if it'll be 1 back, or several backs.

I think too many have kind of written off any kind of run game, I do think Tre definitely has the potential to have a breakout season. What we need is for him to separate himself from the others. Hate having to use all of them during the season hoping one will finally separate themselves.

Will anyone get the ball enough times to ever get into a rythym? Will it commit to the run enough, or 2-4 running plays followed by 7 passes in the next 9 plays? Or, 2 series, then in comes the next back? 2 carries and the starter is back in. Lots of variables to know if it'll be 1 back, or several backs.

It does amaze me how some think NU is going all Mike Leach this year. They are going to average 68 passes and 12 draw plays a game. :rolleyes: It should be pretty close to a 50/50 split. I do agree that the way they rotate backs is not condusive to getting into a groove running the ball. I don't think that BP's team did a good job of it either.

I think too many have kind of written off any kind of run game, I do think Tre definitely has the potential to have a breakout season. What we need is for him to separate himself from the others. Hate having to use all of them during the season hoping one will finally separate themselves.

The run game is going to be fine. It is not going to be 350 per game like most want it to be, but I would think it would approach 200 a game.

Last edited:

The reason I think he will have a breakout season is twofold. First is that he has the talent and the experience to do so. Secondly he will be running behind a better, more talented, more experienced and better depth line than any since MR has been here.

It does amaze me how some think NU is going all Mike Leach this year. They are going to average 68 passes and 12 draw plays a game. :rolleyes: It should be pretty close to a 50/50 split. I do agree that the way they rotate backs is not condusive to getting into a groove running the ball. I don't think that BP's team did a good job of it either.

The run game is going to be fine. It is not going to be 350 per game like most want it to be, but I would think it would approach 200 a game.
I'd be thrilled if we get 200 a game. Our recent records with 200 yards a game or more has a really great win %.

I'd be thrilled if we get 200 a game. Our recent records with 200 yards a game or more has a really great win %.

My guess is somewhere between 175 and 200 a game. Which if you are approaching 300 a game passing is a very solid run game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back