• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Will Frosts relationship with Knight ever take us to Nike?

I care less about how they look and more about how much they pay us, and it’s ridiculous that we make less than so many big 10 schools, specially with our basketball up and coming

we make less than those schools in post #5, probably because we have no attraction to basketball, we are (were) a football school only, some of the other schools listed, wisc, louisville, s.c. have good f.b, but are better basketball schhols, by alot.

I haven't owned or bought any thing Nike in probably close to 30 years. It's not that I am anti Nike, I just never liked the way their shoes fit my feet. Having said that, I have bought one Adidas product over the last 15 years and that was an authentic replica of a Black Shirts jersey. I honestly don't give a rats hairy arse what company we use, as long as the product is good, and they pay us big bucks for using it. Adidas though, honestly needs to get someone with some creativity and design a killer alt uni. For every day shoes(including several of my work shoes), give me a pair of Skechers.

I am lying, I almost forgot, I bought a pair of Adidas trail running shoes earlier this year and I actually like those. So 2 Adidas products in 15 years, lol.....

Have a 13 year old. They dont make shoes but Champion is back and trendy now. He asked for some for xmas. Didn't know they were even still in business. Used to make really heavy sweatshirts back in the day, which are hard to find now.
Fila is high dollar again now as well. The battle is on in the malls to see if teens like the 80s or the 90s. Some stores are going to count their money after Christmas and some are going to wish they picked a different decade.

As for Nike and sweatshops, anyone using that as a reason they buy adidas apparently hasn’t visited a Vietnam prison factory. No bueno. That’s Cantonese I think.

New Balance baby! I pay more for the shoes made in the USA, but they last me 2-3 years.
I always thought that if they made football cleats and BBall shoes they would actually be the perfect marriage.

12383184_11186571_480.jpg
NebraskaBlackMini.1.jpg

I care less about how they look and more about how much they pay us, and it’s ridiculous that we make less than so many big 10 schools, specially with our basketball up and coming

so next year when the are down and going what do we do?

so next year when the are down and going what do we do?
We’ll worry about that next year ;)

In all seriousness, it may be a chicken or the egg convo. While I don’t think Nebraska will ever be a perennial top 10 basketball school, I think it’s highly possible, and expected, that we field a team every year like we have now.

I do think having a fan base like Nebraska is special, and should, for apparel sales alone, put us in the top 20 in revenue from our contract.

We’ll worry about that next year ;)

In all seriousness, it may be a chicken or the egg convo. While I don’t think Nebraska will ever be a perennial top 10 basketball school, I think it’s highly possible, and expected, that we field a team every year like we have now.

I do think having a fan base like Nebraska is special, and should, for apparel sales alone, put us in the top 20 in revenue from our contract.

Agreed, we should field a competitive team every year and it is time to just enjoy the ride, I will let the 'business people' take care of the apparel stuff, just throwing in my 2 cents on that subject.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back