• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Will Bo Pelini be coaching at NU next year??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
Just because we need another thread on the matter. Let's see what Athlon's writers have to say about it.....

http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

From the story:

Pelini is feeling the heat once again after losing to Minnesota. Even at 5-2, Pelini can’t be too confident about his job status, especially with a brutal November slate that features games against Northwestern, Penn State, Iowa, Michigan State and Michigan.

Last edited:

The sad part about this is the "brutal November schedule..." featuring 3 unranked teams and 2 marginally ranked, likely overrated teams.

The sad part about this is the "brutal November schedule..." featuring 3 unranked teams and 2 marginally ranked, likely overrated teams.

"Brutal" is a relative term.

No matter who Purdue plays, its a brutal schedule.

Compared to our September and October schedule, November is brutal. If we don't improve significantly from the first two months, our record will also be brutal.

That said, you can't ask for an easier schedule than what we have this season.

Last edited:
Yes, unfortunately. I don't think the AD has it in him.

Things Shawn Eichorst might say to Bo Pelini:

10-2........"Good job, Bo. See you in Indianapolis!"
9-3.........."What things do you need for the bowl game, Bo?"
8-4..........."I know its a crappy bowl, but your team needs the practice, Bo."
7-5..........."You're kidding!. The 'Poulan Weed-eater Bowl'? You're seat is officially hot, Bo"
6-6..........."It's time to discuss you're severance package, Bo. No, you don't get to keep the SUV."
5-7..........."Better slip out of town quietly, that mob looks pretty angry, Bo."

Last edited:
6-6..........."It's time to discuss you're severance package, Bo. No, you don't get to keep the SUV."
5-7..........."Better slip out of town quietly, that mob looks pretty angry, Bo."

"I have no choice to let you go because if I don't, they will come after me."

Even I wouldn't fight too much if we slip to 6-6 or 5-7.

8, 9, 10 wins, and I still don't see how you can him.

So 7-5 will have you very conflicted then?:)

Not me. He stays at 7-5, with the caveat that if things don't get better next year it's adios. Six or less wins and it's goodbye Bo. Anybody know how many years he has left on his contract?. I'm tired of paying coaches millions to go away.

Last edited:

So 7-5 will have you very conflicted then?:)

I purposely avoided that. :)

I'd probably keep him at 7-5, but I know that's not a popular stance. Hell, I think most people around here would want to get rid of him if he does anything short of winning the Big 10. Me? I might even keep him at 6-6, depending on the circumstances.

But losing out the rest of the way? No chance. That means he lost the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back