• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Wild game go to recipes

Redleg

Scout Team
10 Year Member
I love to hunt, but have been a so-so cook/chef/griller/smoker keeping things pretty basic. Most of you in here are way more advanced than I as I read and envy your skills.

Thought I'd querry the group on their go to wild game recipes for those who also harvest some of their own food. For me:

1) Venison backstraps with no much more than some butter and SPG, cooked medium rare. There is no other steak I would rather eat.
2) Wild turkey breast. Smoked one a few weeks ago and it was fantastic. This will probably be my go to. Pretty much like this video.

3) Duck- my go to is still pretty basic with an overnight marinade then just medium rare pan fry with salt, pepper, and butter. I'm not much on wrapping it up in bacon.

I think I'm going to smoke a goose breast this weekend. I typically don't shoot near as many geese as ducks, but did get a couple this year in the late season and will give it a whirl.

This is the smoked turkey breast.

IMG_0248.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back