• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Why is the NCAA rewarding schools for Sandusky being a pedophile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the product of trying to walk the fine line of punishing appropriately while limiting collateral damage. The players have a one time chance to get out without penalty and avoid the rest of the PSU punishments. Right or wrong I think they had the well being of the current student athletes in mind with this move.

As others have said, the new school must "absorb" that scholarship next year.

It's pretty darn late in the game to really make adjustments this season. Can you imagine if a Penn State DT came to Nebraska and Bo turned around and cut Steinkuhler or Rome? Total bush leag

The one year "freebie" protects the exiting players and gives them a full calendar year to test their mettle with another squad. I actually think it's perfect because it doesn't harm those players and hamstringing their chances with another team. Otherwise they'd all wind up playing for Temple or San Diego State.

One advantage to this is for seniors. Since they only have one season left, they get a free pass at any school. A guy like Silas Redd could transfer just about anywhere and make a splash without too much repercussion. Honestly, the Huskers should make a play for him, IMO. He's like a free one-year sniper. Just plug him in where needed and reap the benefits. No loss in scholarships and our HB stable is beefed up.

Plus, a guy like that could bring in a wealth of information to the other players and coaches. He's probably got a few "go-to" plays up his sleeve that a smart OC could meld into their attack.
sec coaches would, especially saban .

1. There really isn't going to be that many that will transfer...a handful at the most probably?

2. The relaxed sholarship limit is for this year only as I understand it.

3. I'm sure this was done to give the PSU kids as many options as possible.

Not a big deal.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back