• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why don't we have the volleyball team

I want ice hockey team. Almost guaranteed sell out in Pinnacle arena. Even Memorial stadium.

51r8sCVHa2L.jpg

thecoldwar.jpg

330px-Camp_randall_hockey_classic_031_%284337030308%29.jpg
(Fort Randall Wisconsin Badgers)
You have ice hockey with the USHL Lincoln stars which average 4000 fans. One reason the built it and were approved for the USHL was to see the interest.

One thing about stadium Hockey is people from the north LOVE the outdoor game. It's how we all grew up playing.

Would love to see NU get the hockey team but would be in the BIG and hold on...Just more complaints about MN and WISC

Good lord. Like a bunch of testosterone filled young men are going to listen to women tell them how to win? Conceptually, it may sound good, but I truly don't think it works for several reasons.
Put em all on skates and have then play the Gophers women's hockey team

good lord, move back into your cave. if you cant respect athletes winning national championships while you're underperforming, not sure what to say.
I'd suggest spending some time in a football locker room. I'm not saying it's right, and I like out of the box thinking, but what I am saying is a reality.

I could argue who's actually living in a cave ;)

Last edited:

I'd suggest spending some time in a football locker room. I'm not saying it's right, and I like out of the box thinking, but what I am saying is a reality.

I could argue who's actually living in a cave ;)
i must admit i was triggered by your starting with Good lord. three things. i have spent time in locker rooms. that is zero excuse for dismissing women who are out oerfirming you. two: i apparently expect much more of men then you do. three. if you really believe that UNL is preparing these people for life after football, this would be a good opportunity, because if they hold the attitude you profess they need to get over it quickly. they are highly likely to have a women as their boss in the bear future and certainly will have them as peers; that attitude would get them fired.

Last edited:
i must admit i was triggered by your starting with Good lord. three things. i have spent time in locker rooms. that is zero excuse for dismissing women who are out oerfirming you. two: i apparently expect much more of men then you do. three. if you really believe that UNL is preparing these people for life after football, this would be a good opportunity, because if they hold the attitude you profess they need to get over it quickly. they are highly likely to have a women as their boss in the bear future and certainly will have them as peers; that attitude would get them fired.
It sounds nice and all...but...

If these guys didnt learn what accountability and overcoming adversity was all about working directly with the military, what is the womens volleyball team going to do for them? We are way past listening about these things. It's put up time.

There are many reasons why this probably wouldnt work, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise. To each his own.

Lets just agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

P.s. Sorry...didnt intentionally mean to trigger you either. But we are really reaching at this point in the season if we think the womens volleyball team is the answer to what ills us -- hence the "Good Lord"

Last edited:

The volleyball team has almost as many losses as the football team so far this season.
Very true.

One point lost here is the volleyball team is the Clemson or Alabama of the volleyball world where they are getting the most talent in the country maybe with the exception Stanford. Pretty easy to talk about winning when you are more talented than basically every team in the country. Just one of the many reasons why those (football) players would roll their eyes getting lectured by their peers.

You can bring In any football coach, coach of any sport, or any motivational speaker on this planet - and all that is.....is talk.
It won’t solve our issues.
I’m not claiming to have the answers, and speakers of this magnitude are certainly a part of the equation, but our issues are so deep and wide no one has the dang answer obviously.
I got somewhat hyped (which was the purpose of that video) when the team was on the “beach” and we were shown all they were doing to come together, and build teamwork, leadership etc.

It looks great in a video, but that’s all it is in the long run - a video.

When I start seeing on the field what all the hype videos and sound bites chronicle, I will become truly excited again. Until then, I will continue to watch and support my team whether in person or through my idiot box....
GBR

It sounds nice and all...but...

If these guys didnt learn what accountability and overcoming adversity was all about working directly with the military, what is the womens volleyball team going to do for them? We are way past listening about these things. It's put up time.

There are many reasons why this probably wouldnt work, but I'm not going to convince you otherwise. To each his own.

Lets just agree to disagree. :thumbsup:

P.s. Sorry...didnt intentionally mean to trigger you either. But we are really reaching at this point in the season if we think the womens volleyball team is the answer to what ills us -- hence the "Good Lord"
Here's an idea. Why don't we have the volleyball team talk to them, and then follow up with the bowling team. I bet that double team would turn our season around. :Sarcasm:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back