• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Why does Fiala prefer Creighton baseball over NU?

Merle

All Legend
15 Year Member
This subject was getting nowhere in the game thread, so I thought I would give it a little prominence here. In my opinion, Adrian Fiala has expressed favortism for Creighton for several years now. He has been on broadcasts of Huskers' Jays baseball games a number of times over the last few years, and he has always expressed a favoritism for the Jays. Without exception! CBob raised the question after the game Tuesday, and he was right on. Check back to the games Fiala has been involved with, and for some reason, he is much more familiar with the Jay players and their stats, than he is with the Huskers. I'm not after anybody here, but this is something I have observed and been aware of for some time now.

I would appreciate it if an adminstrator would correct my mispelling of Fiala's name in the thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Well, Merle, no comments, until I came on. In any case, one has to be deaf, not to know he makes excuses for Creighton all during the game. Heck, at times, he felt bad for them! Whaddup with that? I thought, at times, he was calling the game for Creighton, instead of the team that hired to call him! :thumbsdown:

Being at the game and not watching I really have no first hand knoldge of his bias if it is there. One question though is that for the NET baseball anyway I do not beleive he is hired by the Huskers. Isn't he hired by NET? In same ways it is supposed to be a nutral broadcast I would guess. Maybe he is just going overboard to make it such.

Being at the game and not watching I really have no first hand knoldge of his bias if it is there. One question though is that for the NET baseball anyway I do not beleive he is hired by the Huskers. Isn't he hired by NET? In same ways it is supposed to be a nutral broadcast I would guess. Maybe he is just going overboard to make it such.

I watched the broadcast, and I really didn't feel that he was favoring one team over the other. And I really doubt that he is a Creighton baseball fan. After all, he did play baseball at NU. And as I stated before, the broadcast was nationally televised over the CBS Sports Network, so I am sure that he had to appear somewhat neutral.

Last edited:

NET produced the game, and they are "Nebraska Educational Television", not "University of Nebraska Educational Television"

Fiala's alligence is toward calling an unbiased game.

I'm just glad he is not calling NU football games anymore. Unfortunately I still have to watch him on Big Red Wrapup. Hopefully they will fix that soon.

I was at the game and so I didn't hear the broadcast. But while we're on the subject of people that cheer for the Huskers in football, but root for Creighton in baseball and/or basketball...

Benedict_Arnoldjp-1337.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words. :Biggrin:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back