• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Luke McCaffery Transferring

There were sure alot of folks calling for LM but yes the shade thrown my way was mainly 2 posters.
0B17601D-9E11-48FC-BA14-0545E22D0477.jpeg

Last edited:

I certainly wouldn't discount the performance of each unit in 2020 having an impact on decisions. But, it could also be that Stoll and Farniok see a youth movement at their positions so better to get out now than come back and risk being overtaken by a younger player. I would bet each defensive returner feels pretty good about locking down a starting position. Not sure Stoll and Farniok could be that confident.

As for Mills, who knows, but after 3 different college experiences and the prospect of not getting a 1,000yd season, maybe he just didn't think the additional year of "mileage" was worth it and time to go for his ultimate dream.

I'm sure for each, there were multiple factors and not just one that led to them staying or going.
I had read somewhere that because of Mills age he felt the need to get his "hat into the ring" this year. If I remember correctly, he would be 28 going into the draft if he came back for 21 and RB's are pretty rare at that age in the big game.

I had read somewhere that because of Mills age he felt the need to get his "hat into the ring" this year. If I remember correctly, he would be 28 going into the draft if he came back for 21 and RB's are pretty rare at that age in the big game.
Mills turned 24 in Dec of 2020.

thanks for sharing. Personally, didn't see it happening cause figured dad would step in.
So if it came down as "sources say" and LM is transitioning to WR where does that leave the QB room? Perilously thin in my eyes and do we shop the portal. PSU person just entered.
still love to see dylan join his brother.

Last edited:

Good find! True or not, the simple answer is that with Luke, we have a dad who was a stud WR in the NFL, a brother, who is a stud RB in the NFL, and a brother who is a former QB from Michigan who is, well, to be kind, somewhat without a team, as he is in the transfer portal and has been there for quite a while. You don't think that Ed and Christian aren't telling him to excel at the position that best suites him? You think they are both saying he is the 2nd coming of John Elway? I doubt it. Plus, he is a McCaffrey, which means he is tough and will put 100% into whatever position he plays. QB/ RB? WR? Who knows. But if Frost told him, and his dad told him, he will still try to be a QB but will also give 100% at another position. But he may be in the portal today. We shall see.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back