• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who picked this...US Soccer

Dotsee

Junior Varsity
15 Year Member
1 week ago, no one(me) gave this team a chance

Injuries to the back 4, Boca not on the team, players and fans calling Jurgen out, & a huge game at Azteca where we had less of a chance than KU vs. 1995 Nebraska

Maybe that was what this team and staff needed

/bow US SOCCER what a couple of weeks

We have a chance without a doubt....but there are still some major issues to fix/change (i.e. tactics and lack of scoring)....so as the standings at this point show we are not out of the woods by any means....and those two missed PKs last night did not hurt either.....but all in all a good week and we are in the thick of things but a long way from the finish line....

1 week ago, no one(me) gave this team a chance

Injuries to the back 4, Boca not on the team, players and fans calling Jurgen out, & a huge game at Azteca where we had less of a chance than KU vs. 1995 Nebraska

Maybe that was what this team and staff needed

/bow US SOCCER what a couple of weeks
I'm looking forward to getting some of these players back from injury.

We have a chance without a doubt....but there are still some major issues to fix/change (i.e. tactics and lack of scoring)....so as the standings at this point show we are not out of the woods by any means....and those two missed PKs last night did not hurt either.....but all in all a good week and we are in the thick of things but a long way from the finish line....

Oh, I agree, but I think if you asked me 1 week ago:

1. No way do i predict we play in a blizzard which really helped beat Costa Rica
2. Do I predict we go into Azteca and play with ANY confidence
3. A draw in Azteca

Yeah a lot of good stuff fell our way...from a blizzard the ref at Azteca....so I agree....gotta take it while you can....:)

Oh, I agree, but I think if you asked me 1 week ago:

1. No way do i predict we play in a blizzard which really helped beat Costa Rica
2. Do I predict we go into Azteca and play with ANY confidence
3. A draw in Azteca

Last edited:
In CONCACAF Qualifying, you appreciate all you get, because the USMNT rarely is on the beneficial end of things. Could I have predicted these events? If I could have, I would have been a rich man because I would have laid some serious cash on these happening.

I hope that this leads to greater strides being made by this team. They deserve it, and while I am not a huge JK fan, he deserves to see some success against our foes.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back