• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who makes the schedules???? Former Player Reactions

Definitely a competitive disadvantage for NU, but I was hoping for a schedule like this. Maybe not back to back to start a season, but I like the big games :)

Moos is right that only divisional games should count for division titles though. That’s the only fair way to do it, especially when the deck is always stacked against NU as compared to the teams that win the division.
i agreed with Moos’s thought about the division games until i thought about it more. In a normal year IF Nebraska goes 8-1 in B1G play, beating say OSU, but loses a close game to Wisconsin who goes 7-2 or 6-3 but wins their 6 west games then they should go to the conference championship game? If that happened the North Stadium complex as well as the entire fan base would explode with anger

Last edited:

As long as it’s just fans “whining” I’m good.
I doubt any players / coaches are, and if they are I will be highly concerned.
I wish Moos would back off of it too.
It’s disrespectful to the team.
No excuses - let’s play.
I want to get back to the 90’s mindset where it was anywhere / anytime.
#GBR

B1G brass including KW & Barry are to blame. Clear cut revenge. Would’ve put the Kansas City Chiefs and SF 49ers on Nebraska’s schedule if those guys/gals could.

Last edited:
Guess we will never really see the progress if all folk want to do is play the bottom dwellers

How times have changed. Back in the day, players coaches fans would say ... BRING IT!

Today. it’s... Why?

Maybe NU should leave the BIG and go to Mac or sunbelt conference

Last edited:

What is the big deal? We play the same teams, we were scheduled to play before covid. @ NW @ OSU @Wisc @ Iowa, PsU home, etc. Only differnce is we get Wisc at home and play at Purdue.
Rutgers and then Michigan St. were on previous versions of the schedule as well. But they both dropped off while Ohio St. and Penn St. remained.

Since this was the third rendition of the conference schedule, the conference was under no obligation to tie the crossover contests to previous versions of the schedule. Crossovers were changing somewhat anyway, going from 3 originally to 4 in August and now down to 2.

What's done is done, but it was a jerk move by the conference.

If I am a coach I go into the locker room and I say. "Well boys...if you did not know they were going to screw us than you have not been paying attention. The old school B1G hates us. They think we do not belong. Frankly we have not done a lot to disprove that fact. So do you want to lay down? OR... We can stand up and say F$#% all of you. Go out play our butts off and see who is left standing. If you all work like I know you can. We will still be standing when the clock hits 0. I am here to take on the best. Why are you here?"

By all means the team should rise to the occasion and not whine. But it is not whining to say the conference should seek balance in crossover games, and they haven’t. Others have documented that it has impacted Nebraska unfairly, but it is equally important for PSU, Mich, and OSU to have balance in their crossover games.
It seems to me the desire to get into the CFPlayoffs puts undue pressure on the conferences (and its refs) to favor the favorites. One view is “then become a favorite.” Sure, but a better view I prefer is that All conferences should counter these urges to favor the favorites.

Last edited:

The schedule is what it is. The new order of the games for UNL is where the conference stuck it to them. They could have spread out the tOSU, UW & PSU games.

Forget about C-19, how does any team fair after back-to-back games against tOSU and UW? Even good teams would feel those games, and UNL is not good anymore. The order of the schedule sets up another potential losing season, with no opportunity for UNL to gain some momentum and confidence. If UNL get de-pants and spanked their first two games, trying to piece together five wins after that will be an uphill battle.

UNL football is still fragile. Starting the season against 3 top 15 teams would be like me picking a fight with Mike Tyson over an ounce of weed...it probably will not end well:oops:

Rutgers and then Michigan St. were on previous versions of the schedule as well. But they both dropped off while Ohio St. and Penn St. remained.

Since this was the third rendition of the conference schedule, the conference was under no obligation to tie the crossover contests to previous versions of the schedule. Crossovers were changing somewhat anyway, going from 3 originally to 4 in August and now down to 2.

What's done is done, but it was a jerk move by the conference.
10/24 ..... Ohio State
11/14 ..... Penn State
12/19 (cross-division seeding) ...... good chance Rutgers or Terps vs. Huskers

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back