• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Left The NU Program In Worst Shape?

Husker1995

In The Deed The Glory
15 Year Member
Ouch.

42F0AA8F-3EC0-4CD1-9C19-3582D3C6C35C.png

Maybe we just need to slow down a bit, dang. I know emotions are raw but how can you judge a guy a week after losing his job. How do we know we don't have really good players that just need coaching.

Stupid poll. Even if it was meant as a joke, which I am guessing it wasn't.

Maybe we just need to slow down a bit, dang. I know emotions are raw but how can you judge a guy a week after losing his job. How do we know we don't have really good players that just need coaching.

Stupid poll. Even if it was meant as a joke, which I am guessing it wasn't.
Nah. Even after Riley left we weren't considered one of, if not the worst FBS program in the country. NU is in shambles right now because of Frosts lack of care and maturity and that is just fact.

This was a tough one. I went with Riley. Verdict is still out on SF players. I really felt MR left a soft group. I think this group is more misaligned and lacking direction. I think they can be molded better than the Riley hangovers but I’m totally in speculation/hope mode on that one.

If we contextualize at the time, I say Bo.
He knew who was above him, and until that rot was dug out it wouldnt have gotten better.
But Bo did what he had to do, including berating our not so loved AD, and not nearly enough of that on Harvey, so nothing to be forgiven, but the problems didnt leave with Bo, and thats why I picked him, not because of him, but the status of the program at the time.

Doesn’t matter. It’s all bad. Each had/will have their own challenges. I still believe there is talent at NU to win immediately. I would say, it’s very important that NU gets this hire right, but I’ve said that every time. Probably because I’m tired of losing. You just gotta keep trying. Never thought Nebraska would become, well Kansas. They’d kill Nebraska if they played them this weekend.

Doesn’t matter. It’s all bad. Each had/will have their own challenges. I still believe there is talent at NU to win immediately. I would say, it’s very important that NU gets this hire right, but I’ve said that every time. Probably because I’m tired of losing. You just gotta keep trying. Never thought Nebraska would become, well Kansas. They’d kill Nebraska if they played them this weekend.
Even worse than that, I wish they were Kansas.

Last edited:

This was a tough one. I went with Riley. Verdict is still out on SF players. I really felt MR left a soft group. I think this group is more misaligned and lacking direction. I think they can be molded better than the Riley hangovers but I’m totally in speculation/hope mode on that one.

Same. My opinion may change as I learn more about what SF has left us. It's not looking good but it's too soon to know or give up on these guys. Hopefully a better coach can turn them around. So far I still consider the Riley group the softest. Not all of them but as a group that's my general opinion.

It's really a sad poll because I'd rather argue who was better than who was the worst.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back