• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Is Left? Sip and Callahan Discuss (1/10/24)

I'm concerned about where we are at QB next year. I don't want to rely on a true freshman -- even a really talented one like Raiola -- to start the season. It's probably not realistic, but I would still like to see the Huskers get a one and done QB from the portal. Someone who can play while Raiola and Kaelin adjust to the college game. Alternatively, I'm hoping that Purdy decides to come back when he sees that the grass may not be greener elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm concerned about where we are at QB next year. I don't want to rely on a true freshman -- even a really talented one like Raiola -- to start the season. It's probably not realistic, but I would still like to see the Huskers get a one and done QB from the portal. Someone who can play while Raiola and Kaelin adjust to the college game. Alternatively, I'm hoping that Purdy decides to come back when he sees that the grass may not be greener elsewhere.
Purdy is gone and we'll be fine. We will have our growing pains but there's nothing unusual with high profile freshman QB's starting and going well.

I kind of agree but I think it may be hard to find someone decent who is willing to be moved aside at any moment.

Question would be, do we have a qb that would get us 9-10 wins on the roster? Because DR will get us 7-8 or more.
Any qb we had on the roster wouldn't have held off DR, and they're gone.

Last edited:

THANKFULLY we dont open up with a conference game this year like the past 3 years...

I agree on the Purdy comment as I felt he made a mistake by going into the portal. Based on his performance at Nebraska, what decent program is going to say: "transfer and you will be our starter"? At Nebraska, he can build on what he did and should get some good playing time. Then if DR is as good as we hope he is, then he can transfer and will have a better resume. Maybe he is going to go to a lower level although he apparently has a Cal offer, which I guess is the Mountain West now? Yes, I know his brother plays for SF. It doesn't make sense to me and I don't think MR said DR is the starter day 1.

I would liked to see Purdy stick around but the pressure to put DR on the field would be enormous if he struggled the least little bit. IMO, with the pieces we've picked up, let DR grow with the team. Next year's success level is hard to predict but we will be better. But the schedule is going to be tougher so people will have to be patient.

Dylan Raiola is not your typical freshman QB. Will there be growing pains? Absolutely, however, he is so far ahead of the curve as a passer when compared to other freshman QBs it's crazy. He hasn't played a snap and has the most talented arm in our school's history

There isn’t a transfer good enough to beat out DR. Not a regular TFr. He’s more like a Trevor Lawrence TFr.
Most likely not and if there is they won't want to compete against such a high level prospect, especially a legacy recruit

Dylan Raiola is not your typical freshman QB. Will there be growing pains? Absolutely, however, he is so far ahead of the curve as a passer when compared to other freshman QBs it's crazy. He hasn't played a snap and has the most talented arm in our school's history
Banks comparing him to Hartman? Lets see where Hartman gets drafted at

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back