• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who do you think we close the class out with?

FCHusker

#1 Husker Fan
15 Year Member
Just curious with a few days left everybody's thoughts on who if anybody we end up with?? I feel like our chances with Houston are the best. Outside of that I don't feel too great about anybody else. I realize that we will leave a spot or two open, but would be nice to add a couple more at the same time. In Frost we trust! What say you?

I feel like our chances with Houston are the best. Outside of that I don't feel too great about anybody else.

I agree with this ... thought that we might get four more at the second signing period, but now seems like Huskers will fill out their 85 man roster with a couple of transfers or scholarship award to a deserving walk-on.

For the recruiting experts, will we be able to count back a couple scholarships from 2020 class to 2019 if this plays out with only one more signing???

Last edited:
If we just get Houston, I think this recruiting cycle has been successful. 30 is a tough number to fill without reaching like Bo did to finish out his classes. Should have a couple extra for next year or transfer

I agree with this ... thought that we might get four more at the second signing period, but now seems like Huskers will fill out their 85 man roster with a couple of transfers or scholarship award to a deserving walk-on.

For the recruiting experts, will we be able to count back a couple scholarships from 2020 class to 2019 if this plays out with only one more signing???

No because we took a full class of 25 +. We were label to count 5 back this year because we took only 20 last year.

I really hoping we get parker, we need as many def playmakers as we can get....I hope he can see past his former asst coach, and play for a former NFL player, who can get him where he wants to go.

If we just get Houston, I think this recruiting cycle has been successful. 30 is a tough number to fill without reaching like Bo did to finish out his classes. Should have a couple extra for next year or transfer

More than successful. More than likely a Top 15 class with the chance of it being Top 10 next year. As the prospects from the 2020 class are exceptional within the 500 mile radius and I think as a whole across the country.

Some folks if we get only Houston will go into semi-meltdown in Husker Nation which on the face of it is ridiculous. This is an outstanding class for the first full recruiting cycle of this staff. Its only going to get better.

Last edited:
I really hoping we get parker, we need as many def playmakers as we can get....I hope he can see past his former asst coach, and play for a former NFL player, who can get him where he wants to go.

Its not done with him yet. I think we have a 50-50 chance of still landing him. Texas Tech and family (grandma living in Lubbock) being the competition. He will annpunce either tomorrow or Monday. I still we have a decent shot here.

Kansas I do not think is player. He took the visit as a courtesy to that coach.

Bivens may still happen too.

Some folks if we get only Houston will go into semi-meltdown in Husker Nation which on the face of it is ridiculous.

Was thinking much the same sir!

No because we took a full class of 25 +. We were label to count 5 back this year because we took only 20 last year.

Not trying to be contrary, but if five of our 25 signees (+ a grad transfer) count against 2018, then are we not still falling short of the 25 limit that count towards 2019?? Maybe that is just NCAA rules & math that is beyond my simpleton mind. :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Its not done with him yet. I think we have a 50-50 chance of still landing him. Texas Tech and family (grandma living in Lubbock) being the competition. He will annpunce either tomorrow or Monday. I still we have a decent shot here.

Kansas I do not think is player. He took the visit as a courtesy to that coach.

Bivens may still happen too.
I worry about Biven's knee. We already have one running back recruit coming off knee surgery. But they are much better these days repairing knees.

As I’ve said before, we wouldn’t be able to get to 85. Little bit of a lackluster finish considering we needed an OLB and CB that we didn’t get, but the rest of the class is real solid.

Won’t need to count anything back to 2019 class. We will get to 25 for 2020. We will be ushering out non-contributors from now on, and we will see some departures after spring.

Last edited:
I worry about Biven's knee. We already have one running back recruit coming off knee surgery. But they are much better these days repairing knees.

The thing is if he comes in and it does not come around you put him on a medical right away. So its not high risk but could be a high reward. Its worth a chance if they still want him. I know academics was an issue at one time too but that was supposed to be okay.

As I’ve said before, we wouldn’t be able to get to 85. You've been on point sharing that message -- that we'll not get out of this self imposed probation til! 2020. Little bit of a lackluster finish considering we needed an OLB and CB that we didn’t get, but the rest of the class is real solid.

Won’t need to count anything back to 2019 class. We will get to 25 for 2020.
. :thumbsup:

As I’ve said before, we wouldn’t be able to get to 85. Little bit of a lackluster finish considering we needed an OLB and CB that we didn’t get, but the rest of the class is real solid.

Won’t need to count anything back to 2019 class. We will get to 25 for 2020. We will be ushering out non-contributors from now on, and we will see some departures after spring.

Agree

Was thinking much the same sir!

Not trying to be contrary, but if five of our 25 signees (+ a grad transfer) count against 2018, then are we not still falling short of the 25 limit that count towards 2019?? Maybe that is just NCAA rules & math that is beyond my simpleton mind. :Biggrin:

Yeah good point. My math is usually good. Ha ha (A's in Calculus). If we get only Houston that would leave us at 27 and counting 5 back would be 22 ( I think that is right haha). So we could count three back next year. However, as *** said it will not be an issue for all the reasons explained.

Last edited:

Yeah good point. My math is usually good. Ha ha (A's in Calculus). If we get only Houston that would leave us at 27 and counting 5 back would be 22 ( I think that is right haha). So we could count three back next year. However, as *** said it will not be an issue for all the reasons explained.
I may be wrong, but in 2020 if we count 3 back to 2019, then we could sign 28, so it would matter.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back