• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Who Do You like?

Merle

All Legend
15 Year Member
Discussion, without brackets or anything like that. The heart and the mind.

The mind, of course, says Kentucky, no question about that. My heart says otherwise, I never root for Kentucky, whether rightly or wrongly I can't help but consider them a horde of mercenaries!

I like Wisconsin, really like those guys, what a bunch of disciplined team players. Wouldn't it be something if we had a guard like Koenig? Oh, my!
I also always root for Kansas, I just can't help but admire their historic accomplishment, generally done the right way (with the possible exception of Chamberlain?). I expect Arizona to do well this year, and I have always liked (like?) Lute Olson. So, if I had my druthers, I would like to see one of those three win it all, choosing Wisky, KU and Ariz in that order.

I used to always root for Duke, but that has worn old now. I even admired Laettner, in spite of his arrogance. He could back it up.

Last edited:

I like Iowa State and 'Nova. Both have easy paths to the Elite 8, and despite being a #3 seed, I think Iowa State is the best team in the South region. I've got both going to the Final Four. I always pick Michigan State to make a run, and have them losing to 'Nova in the Elite 8. San Diego State is my darkhorse of sorts, making an Elite 8 run. Other than that, it's pretty much chalk for me in the West and Midwest, except having 'Zona beating Wisconsin in the Elite 8.

Here is my Elite 8 breakdown...

MIDWEST:
Kentucky
Notre Dame

West:
Wisconsin
Arizona

East:
Villanova
Virginia

South:
Duke
Iowa St.

FINAL FOUR:
Notre Dame
Wisconsin
Virginia
Iowa St.

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:
Wisconsin v. Iowa St.

CHAMPION:
Iowa St

Final score Iowa St. 74 / Wisconsin 65

Maryland, Kansas are my rooting interests. Mainly a Nebraska & Maryland fan now, but still like to cheer on Kansas.

I always cheer for the non-power 5 schools. Teams like UNI, Butler, BYU, etc.

Nice format NE Freak! You were only off 1 on your final score :eek:

MIDWEST:
Kentucky
Wichita St

West:
North Carolina
Arizona

East:
Villanova
Michigan St

South:
Duke
Iowa St.

FINAL FOUR:
Kentucky
Arizona
Villanova
Iowa St.

CHAMPIONSHIP GAME:
Kentucky v. Iowa St.

CHAMPION:
Kentucky

Final score Kentucky 74 / Iowa State 66

Last edited:
Midwest
Kentucky
Wichita St.

West
Wisconsin
Arizona

East
Villanova
Virginia

South
Duke
Gonzaga

Final 4
Kentucky
Wisconsin
Villanova
Gonzaga

Final
Kentucky
Gonzaga

Winner
Kentucky

12/13s over 5s Upset Specials :eek:
Buffalo over W. Va
Valparaiso over Maryland
Wofford over Arkansas

Watch all 3 get smoked :rolfl:

14's over 3's..... wow! Even ND barely escaped that jinx. ISU huge disappointment. And so it goes.

Big 12 sucking badly, UT inclusion in field now proven to be a mistake. Another mistake, almost evil, was giving Dayton a home game. Wrong!

I typically ignore the NIT, even their final, but stumbled onto last night's So Dak St's game against Colo St! Wow! Go you Jackrabbits.

Big 12 sucking badly, UT inclusion in field now proven to be a mistake. Another mistake, almost evil, was giving Dayton a home game. Wrong!

I typically ignore the NIT, even their final, but stumbled onto last night's So Dak St's game against Colo St! Wow! Go you Jackrabbits.

Considering that Texas as a #11 took a #6 to the wire...I don't see that as necessarily making them a mistake.

Last Sunday CSU Rams bitching about Big Dance invitation. Well well well ....... Go Jackrabbits ! Next stop, Vanderbilt Commodores @ Nashville

I want Kentucky to win it all!

I don't care what disparaging remarks Merle has made, he is all wrong, period!

John Calapari knows how to mentor and make a player a great one. And, his
team, in class, is averaging B, so there, Merle!

If you have a chance to make millions, do you stay in school and take a chance
on being hurt?

John said today, in words, would I like for the last 3 stars that went pro stay
on this team, and not go pro? You think I'm nuts! Yes, I would love to have
them stay.

Merle, you read too much press :wave:

I want Kentucky to win it all!

I don't care what disparaging remarks Merle has made, he is all wrong, period!

John Calapari knows how to mentor and make a player a great one. And, his
team, in class, is averaging B, so there, Merle!

If you have a chance to make millions, do you stay in school and take a chance
on being hurt?

John said today, in words, would I like for the last 3 stars that went pro stay
on this team, and not go pro? You think I'm nuts! Yes, I would love to have
them stay.

Merle, you read too much press :wave:

I want UK to lose...but only because they are so good and definitely the best team in the nation.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back