• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Which would you prefer?

Which game out of these two do you want to win?

• B1G Championship game

Votes: 63 98.4%
  • Bowl Game

Votes: 1 1.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
we never have a neutral field when we play a Pac 12 in the Rose or an SEC in Florida or Georgia.

As far as Vegas is concerned I think they would look at it that way, even if they didn't it's not worth more than a couple points in a spread. But I agree on the general sentiment.

Okay, maybe when Colorado or Utah win the Pac 12 the Rose Bowl might be neutral. I keep forgetting about the misuse of never.

Okay, maybe when Colorado or Utah win the Pac 12 the Rose Bowl might be neutral. I keep forgetting about the misuse of never.

Oh, I dunno, I think if ASU, Arizona, UW, Wazzou, OSU or the two you mentioned made the Rose against NU we would still put more fans there, so it may not be "neutral" rather an NU home field.

Are you serious with this stuff? An underdog, yes, especially against Stanford. But double digit on a nuetral field? That's A LOT! No way I see that happening unless we get our doors blown off big time in the B1G CCG.

You are probably right, TI, but it is possible you are not. Stanford is currently a nine point favorite over UCLA, and UCLA did beat NU this year. If Stanford beats UCLA big again (not sure that will happen, but it could), and if 6-loss Wsky (after the CCG) takes NU to the wire again, the RB line could be right around 10.

Notice, I am not saying I predict it, but I can see a very possible scenario where it could happen if the two CCG rematches play out like the teams' regular season meetings. Among the general public there is still an underlying (historic) feeling of strength about the NU program and weakness of the Stanford program, but that doesn't exist in the back rooms of the Vegas sports books. If Stanford wins Friday it will be their third straight BCS game, joining just a small handful of the top programs in that regard.

Last edited:

You may be right, TI, but it is possible you are not. Stanford is currently a nine point favorite over UCLA, and UCLA did beat NU this year. If Stanford beats UCLA big again (not sure that will happen, but it could), and if 6-loss Wsky (after the CCG) takes NU to the wire again, the RB line could be double digits.

Notice, I am not saying I predict it, but I can see a very possible scenario where it could happen if the two CCG rematches play out like the teams' regular season meetings.

Even if it plays out that way, I still don't see double digits. As a gambling man, you know how crucial it is for the oddsmakers to get the opening line right. At double-digits, there is a lot of exposure to the "tweener" bet.

Even if it plays out that way, I still don't see double digits. As a gambling man, you know how crucial it is for the oddsmakers to get the opening line right. At double-digits, there is a lot of exposure to the "tweener" bet.

Good points.

You are assuming that a lot of the public's action would come in on NU. That very well may be the case. Vegas would have to be pretty confident in its handicapping of the game to come out with a greater than one TD line like that.

Good points.

You are assuming that a lot of the public's action would come in on NU. That very well may be the case. Vegas would have to be pretty confident in its handicapping of the game to come out with a greater than one TD line like that.

At +10 or higher, I really do think early action would be heavy on NU. Folks can say what they will about whether NU is "good" or not, but they are definitely a popular team and action moves on popular teams.

At +10 or higher, I really do think early action would be heavy on NU. Folks can say what they will about whether NU is "good" or not, but they are definitely a popular team and action moves on popular teams.

yep. That's why Vegas would have to have a strong level of confidence that Stanford would cover the opening line. You have to think that a 10+ opening line would attract a lot of NU money over the month that it would be on the board.

I would love to play Stanford mainly because we havent played in forever and rematches are boring in bowl games...I also think they would probably dominate us but it would still be fun to see how we stack up against them

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Back