• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which one would you take

I had a Magnum PI Ferrari once - a 1982 308 GTSi. In the early 80s, there was no such thing as a performance car, because emissions and other safety regulations (check out the hideous huge black bumpers in the photo) basically neutered performance cars. While the 308 was a magnificent successor to the Dino, it could barely reach 0-60 in 8 seconds. Same for all of the other cars in that period. Pretty pathetic.

What is amazing is the prices on the 308s now, even the early 80s sluggish ones. I bought mine for $20K, sold it a year later for $27K, but now nice ones are high $50s and up. These are great cars - bullet proof and easy to work on yourself.

If you are going to decide what the most iconic Ferrari would be, ironically it would be the slowest Ferrari ever made: the 308.

1593200620722.png

Last edited:
The Duke’s 69 Charger. I agree with Bugsker, it would have to get repainted. However, the repaint wouldn’t include numbers, or letters, or stickers, or symbols, or any unnecessary badging. Pure stock with an original factory paint code.

Wait, it just dawned to on me, how is the Miami Vice Ferrari on there, but no Bandit Trans Am? That would be my top.

DeLorean, no question. Then I would time travel to the future and obtain a copy of "Gray's Sports Almanac". Upon returning, I would start making 8 team, 6 point football teaser bets in Las Vegas. After a few weeks of big wins, I would be able to buy quite a few of the other cars if I wanted.

How did I ever come up with this idea? :Biggrin:

Oh, who am I kidding? I would buy PowerBall tickets...

Last edited:
The Dodge, easy choice. And yes, I'd paint it, but not for the reasons some might, I just hated that color and thought numbers on doors was cheesy. I was looking to see what a pristine might bring, and though they were resto mods with HellCat power, a couple brought $500K at Mecum last year.

BTTF.

But specifically, the original image shows the DeLorean from the first film. I'll take the DeLorean from Part 2, with the Mr. Fusion and flight upgrades. No more plutonium needed.

2019-17.jpg

the-back-to-the-future-delorean-now-lives-at-the-petersen-museum-1476934028960-480x320.jpg

Last edited:
Ive always liked the Testarossa's, and I love good ol' american muscle cars, but, I think my choice would be take the Bond Aston Martin DB5, and drive it 5 miles, just to say I did, and then sell it, since they are worth millions, according to the interwebs, the one from Goldfinger is worth $4.6 million, then I could buy myself a few of whatever I wanted. A little off topic, but I always told myself that if I could buy one muscle car, it would be a yellow and black 1970 Buick GSX 455 Stage 1. They had so much torque a lot of guys had to upgrade to anything other than the 2 bolt or 4 bolt main (cant remember for certain which one), because there was literally just too much power. That and you literally never see them. I Think I have maybe seen one in real life.

Last edited:

General Lee. And then I would spend the next 2 years cruising the south picking up redneck chicks with short shorts.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back