• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Which Huskers could start for Ohio State?

When teams such as OSU, Bama, Clemson have almost total control of picking the best of the best HS athletes in the country a Nebraska player that might be a starter is an anomaly. If they were that good they'd probably have been picked by one of the super power P5 teams. To make matters worse if they are that good it's bye bye to whomever and hello PORTAL!

There were about 28 5 star rated HS players in 2020 so with 130 teams do the math. Bama grabs 3 or 4 they've already consumed around 14% available. Bama already has SEVEN 5 star commits for 2021 so it simply gets worse for anyone trying to play catchup.

The bottomline this trend will continue unless something is done to prevent a handful of P5 programs from constantly monopolizing HS talent. I honestly see what's happening to talent distribution to get even more lopsided then it is right now. Frankly it's going to kill off many college fans interest in the game. Does anyone really want to see the sport completely dominated by a handful of teams?
Interesting you mention Clemson in that group. I remember the 2009 Gator Bowl when a Pelini coached Nebraska beat Clemson coached by Dabo Swinney. Announcers of the game mentioned how both teams are up and coming and would be a force in the future. They were half right!:confused:

Interesting you mention Clemson in that group. I remember the 2009 Gator Bowl when a Pelini coached Nebraska beat Clemson coached by Dabo Swinney. Announcers of the game mentioned how both teams are up and coming and would be a force in the future. They were half right!:confused:
The WAY TO EARLY college football rankings have... oh wait surprise, surprise and the surprise is NO surprise. Bama, Clemson, OU, GA, OSU. How refreshing to see almost the exact same teams from this season rankings. What a surprise NOT. :mad:

It's pretty lame trying to accuse AM of being one of the worst qbs in the B1G with no evidence. He's number 1 in passing percentage and 5th in total passing efficiency. He's also the 6th leading rusher in the conference and number 1 qb rusher. All this while being surrounded with a poor support staff of blocking and receiving. But whatever....go along with your unsubstantiated criticize of our best offensive weapon.

It’s pretty easy to be number 1 in passing efficiency and percentage when the vast majority of your passes are within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Come on, man! :Corn2:

Data laughing - Album on Imgur

C

It’s pretty easy to be number 1 in passing efficiency and percentage when the vast majority of your passes are within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Come on, man! :Corn2:
If you've ever played qb, which most of our arm chair qbs on here haven't you would know from the middle of the field to the sideline is 27 yards. Throwing a sideline pass at that angle is one of the toughest and dangerous passes to throw and the Scott Frost offense requires a lot of them. Quite frankly I'm almost surprised he doesn't throw a bunch of easy pick 6's on those plays. But then again that would be giving credit to AM and that's not allowed by the haters.

If you've ever played qb, which most of our arm chair qbs on here haven't you would know from the middle of the field to the sideline is 27 yards. Throwing a sideline pass at that angle is one of the toughest and dangerous passes to throw and the Scott Frost offense requires a lot of them. Quite frankly I'm almost surprised he doesn't throw a bunch of easy pick 6's on those plays. But then again that would be giving credit to AM and that's not allowed by the haters.
ever the optimist. I guess Huskers got it figured out and the rest of the Big 10 are going to have to adopt to us. Except no one is because we are an albatross.

Our offense wouldn't scare a FCS coach because they can stack 8 players.

I’m not even going down the Alabama road, as the answer is zero. But for Ohio State, which Huskers might have a shot at starting there?

I will say one: Cam Taylor Britt.

We have another 4-5 that could be on the 2s.

Thoughts?

Look at how many players we had on the All B1G 1st and 2nd teams. There lies your answer.

ever the optimist. I guess Huskers got it figured out and the rest of the Big 10 are going to have to adopt to us. Except no one is because we are an albatross.

Our offense wouldn't scare a FCS coach because they can stack 8 players.
Oh I agree with you and I'm not the optimist you might think. I think our offense has huge problems but AM is way down the list. I'm concerned that with the belief we have to replace him to win and the people who say he can't complete a 10 yard pass.

Last edited:
Oh I agree with you and I'm not the optimist you might think. I think our offense has huge problems but AM is way down the list. I'm concerned that with the belief we have to replace him to win and the people who say he can't complete a 10 yard pass.

we may disagree a bit about AM but there is nothing about our offense that makes me comfortable especially play calling by Frost

What seems to be completely lost for the majority on this board is the best offense we had since frost took over is year 1 and it was with Riley's players. The rubbish about having no talent has not rung true on offense.

Frost has failed miserably at recruiting / retaining RB, WR, and the QB is up for debate.

Luke McCartney might be a reciever

I'd like to see McCaffrey at WR/HB. At Nebraska. Said that early in the season a few times. IMO he would be excellent as a slot receiver or catching the ball out of the backfield. I think he has abilities that can't be taught, which translates into yards after catch. That being said, WR is Ohio State's deepest position. It is absolutely loaded, with another stellar class coming in. The top 5 pass catchers this season are all returning in 2021, including Chris Olave & Garrett Wilson. If CTB does a good job against Olave and/or Wilson when the teams meet (10/2/21), he'll move up the draft board. He could (would) have started on 2020 Ohio State -- and remember, I'm saying this as an Ohio State alum. He's better than Shaun Wade and Seven Banks. In Wade's defense, he was probably playing out of position (and missing Chase Young's presence...).

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back