• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Which do you prefer, a 14 or 16 team league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay that won't work. But with more BTN money we can get around the revenue thing.

Where is this extra money thing coming from? Especially when your system is killing many of the prime time matchups that actually ADD revenue? Also, even if there's more TV dollars, do you think that Nebraska is paying millions of dollars to add onto the stadium to only play there 6 times in a year? Think of 7 as a minimum, they'd schedule 12 there if they could.

and the USM game next year? and the games when the team doesn't demand a home and home? what kind of a tv deal do they get?

and the USM game next year? and the games when the team doesn't demand a home and home? what kind of a tv deal do they get?

I'm not 100% on Southern Miss because the TV rights were there's originally so I think even if the game is played in Lincoln that their conference contract still gets to sell the game. If a team agrees to play us at home then the BTN owns the rights.

I actually figured out a divisionless system that I think would be even better. With 16 teams and 9 games you'd have 3 set opponents every year and 6 variable opponents that would alternate on home and home cycles. With a 14 team league it would be 5 set and 4 variable. The one that would take some doing, would be if the NCAA added a couple of games and we could have a 16 team league, with 10 conference games and 4 non-con games. The conference games would be arranged with 5 set games and 5 variable. You would play 5 teams all the time, and 10 teams 50 % of the time. You'd get 5 home and 5 away in conference every year, and you'd get 4 non-conference games every year. It'd be great fun.

Not bad, but does that imply there are 3 teams you never play except in a CCG? Also, as much as I like college football and count the days between seasons, I think the season is about the right length now. Seems like they would need to get rid of bye weeks and finish 1 week later or start 1 week earlier (better weather).

Teams would probably schedule more Idaho States as well, less incentive for a tough noncon schedule.

Not bad, but does that imply there are 3 teams you never play except in a CCG? Also, as much as I like college football and count the days between seasons, I think the season is about the right length now. Seems like they would need to get rid of bye weeks and finish 1 week later or start 1 week earlier (better weather).

Teams would probably schedule more Idaho States as well, less incentive for a tough noncon schedule.

Not at all, 3 teams would be played every year while the remaining 12 would be alternated through. As for non-conference scheduling, a nine game conference schedule won't change the approach that DONU takes much at all. There will be one FBS level non-con a year and 2 home only matches against low level FBS teams as well as FCS teams.

As for me, I would love to see a rule come into play increasing the regular season to 14 games, allowing for 10 games in conference and 4 out of conference. As well as a rule restricting FCS games to 1 per season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back