• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Where will Bo land?

Sure players graduated, clean program yada yada yada but he didn't win. During his tenure much like the early TO years - he didn't win enough.

He'd probably still be at Nebraska if he could've figured out how to play nice with the media and his boss but the bottom line for ADSE, isn't anything but failures to win conference championships, playoff berths and blowouts losses!
Osborne routinely had Nebraska in the top 10. Often top 5. I've said before, not many others were beating Oklahoma in the 70's.

That relationship was doomed from the beginning. We both know it. Neither liked the other. There was some behind the scenes stuff also I'm sure. I'll always wonder what if NU wins those 2 confrence titles that they should have. It changed MUCH.

Last edited:
Osborne routinely had Nebraska in the top 10. Often top 5. I've said before, not many others were beating Oklahoma in the 70's.

That relationship was doomed from the beginning. We both know it. Neither liked the other. There was some behind the scenes stuff also I'm sure. I'll always wonder what if NU wins those 2 confrence titles that they should have. It changed MUCH.

It would have given him more time. But I don't know how it would have worked out between SE and BP. They are like oil and water. There was an article a while back, I think by Dirk, about SE affinity for the term "Energy Vampire" and his dislike for people like that. BP was the definition of an Energy Vampire, he sucks the life out of people. If he is winning more than it is hard to fire a guy.

As far as TO goes you are correct that he was routinely in the top 10, but there was still a lot of people that thougt he didn't win enough. Early on he lost a few of those head scratcher games to teams he had no business losing to.

Anyone that thinks Bo Pelini is not going to get some Power 5 offers in the next 2 years is fooling themselves... you dont have his winning % and not get offers when there are so many re-treads. Coaching ability is not an issue for him and his brother... Their defense is one of the best in FCS this year... If they upset a 10-1 Jacksonville St this weekend... he is going to turn some heads.

But he took over a dynasty and never won an outright conference championship in his first 8 seasons. In an 8-team conference which is barely larger than the divisions in today's conferences. Face it, it was time to cut ties with Osborne in 1979, unfortunately Bob D blocked that. The reagents were not able to catalyze the crystallization reaction. So we had to put up with TO for more than another decade.

He was a successful coach at the FBS level and now has taken his team to the FCS playoffs. Where does Bo fall in terms of the FCS openings at places like Purdue and Indiana?
giphy.gif

Anyone that thinks Bo Pelini is not going to get some Power 5 offers in the next 2 years is fooling themselves... you dont have his winning % and not get offers when there are so many re-treads. Coaching ability is not an issue for him and his brother... Their defense is one of the best in FCS this year... If they upset a 10-1 Jacksonville St this weekend... he is going to turn some heads.
Same could have been said about FS ... he had reasonable early success at Ohio as well.

Timing and opportunity have to merge together in order for possibility to meet actuality.

I think that is why Craig Bohl did move onto Wyoming and may get a P5 job down the road ... and is also why FS will not!

And if they get hammered by JSU, who really would be shocked?

And if they get hammered by JSU, who really would be shocked?
Judging by the defensive stats... it will likely be a low scoring slug fest.. both teams have fantastic run defenses and both prefer to run the ball...

My guess... Gamecocks by 7 or less.

Judging by the defensive stats... it will likely be a low scoring slug fest.. both teams have fantastic run defenses and both prefer to run the ball...

My guess... Gamecocks by 7 or less.
We will see. My memory of Pelini defenses is that they were great until a great offense showed up.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back