• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

When does Spencer Rattler......

dparks

Varsity
20 Year Member
.....go into the transfer portal? From among the top pre-season Heisman candidates to benched in favor of a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

Depending on what his draft stock looks like I’m going to say NFL.
I suspect that's what he'll do and he'll wow scouts with his arm in all the pre-draft activities so someone will take him fairly early. Decision making (hard to tell if that's an arrogance or football intelligence issue) is a major problem for him, and one that I'm not sure he can solve.

Edit: Given the rest of what's going on in college football, Williams likely makes OU the primary challenger to Georgia.

Second edit: After watching some SEC football this weekend, OU and Texas will be just fine. Aside from Georgia, most of the rest of that conference seems content to play defense that makes the average Big 12 defense look downright stout.

Last edited:

Transfer to a different team and try to rehab the perception of him as a qb as opposed to declaring now.

I would be very surprised if a team spent a high draft pick on him and qb's that are a low draft pick (anything outside of the first round) statistically have a hard time sticking in the NFL.

.....go into the transfer portal? From among the top pre-season Heisman candidates to benched in favor of a TRUE FRESHMAN QB.

What kind of HC would ever do such a thing?

Saw this on my AZ feed, is dated about 2 weeks ago, but thought I would post (used to live in the PHX valley):

and then this:

Theory goes that he will transfer to ASU.

OU is in position to make the CFP this season. If QB Caleb Williams gets injured, OU will need a replacement to step in. So why would Rattler enter the Transfer Portal at this time, even if it is likely he'll be playing elsewhere next year?

Remember what happened with Jalen Hurts, who ironically ended up transferring to Oklahoma. Hurts could have been a major distraction after losing the starting QB job but he was a team-first player. He stayed ready to contribute and eventually Alabama needed him (again) in the 2018 SEC Championship game. After the season, he transferred to OU, where he played his final season of college football. Doing that earned much respect from teammates, coaches, and likely NFL talent evaluators.

OU is in position to make the CFP this season. If QB Caleb Williams gets injured, OU will need a replacement to step in. So why would Rattler enter the Transfer Portal at this time, even if it is likely he'll be playing elsewhere next year?

Remember what happened with Jalen Hurts, who ironically ended up transferring to Oklahoma. Hurts could have been a major distraction after losing the starting QB job but he was a team-first player. He stayed ready to contribute and eventually Alabama needed him (again) in the 2018 SEC Championship game. After the season, he transferred to OU, where he played his final season of college football. Doing that earned much respect from teammates, coaches, and likely NFL talent evaluators.
DWC is right. He will transfer at the end of the year, but at this point, it'd be dumb to go ahead and announce that. He has done a good job from a PR perspective of lying low and not causing a fuss during the year, especially considering he has a history of being a prima donna. He still has opportunities to play now, if Williams gets hurt or starts falling apart. At the end of the year, he'll make a move and head elsewhere.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back