• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Whats this stuff regarding Trev?

I agree. I’m just a little worried about how it was handled. I don’t have any facts….just concerns based on some things coming out.
Of course she can claim she told anyone on the food chain about what happened. She will need solid proof she actually told someone in authority in the chain of command imo. Don’t believe an unproven claim is going to move the needle and perhaps why NU refused to settle. The sooner this goes away the better as the entire damn thing is unseemly and distracting from more important things happening.

I don't think anyone is saying that Love wasn't in the wrong. He was wrong. That is why Scoggin will most likely gain a settlement or win in court.

I do think she was a willing participant. I also realize that probably has little baring on the outcome of this law suit.
A significant number of the posts in this thread, including yours, are focusing on her culpability instead of his. She was an undergrad, student-athlete under the supervision of multiple adults, one of whom initiated a sexual relationship with her. Love had been a coach for at least 10 years by the 21/22 season.

A significant number of the posts in this thread, including yours, are focusing on her culpability instead of his. She was an undergrad, student-athlete under the supervision of multiple adults, one of whom initiated a sexual relationship with her. Love had been a coach for at least 10 years by the 21/22 season.
Love was totally in the wrong! Plus being employed by the athletic program and under Alberts and Williams purview, puts both in the crosshairs here! Will come down to what they know and when they knew it. This will not end well I am afraid!

Love was totally in the wrong! Plus being employed by the athletic program and under Alberts and Williams purview, puts both in the crosshairs here! Will come down to what they know and when they knew it. This will not end well I am afraid!
Reading the lawsuit, I'm struck by the claim that the investigation ended when Love resigned. Maybe that's a formality with Title IX, but I'd expect a well-run organization would complete some internal review to figure out what happened and mitigate recurrence.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-11ee-8f95-bf9b801b51a5/65d39fcedc8ac.pdf.pdf

Love was in the wrong full stop. He either violated the university's harassment policy (2.1.8) or it's prohibition on staff relationships with supervised students (3.3.15). The speculation about Scoggin in this thread is typical and speaks to why most harassment victims don't come forward.
Has anyone said Love wasn't in the wrong? I'm not sure what speculation you're referring to exactly. She was clearly a willing adult participant.

Now, could her actions have led to retaliation from the school? Sure, that's what the suit is about. I don't think Love was in such a position over her that she was unable to consent at all (all of those times). There are situations like that, but an assistant coach to an adult player isn't one of them IMO.

Reading the lawsuit, I'm struck by the claim that the investigation ended when Love resigned. Maybe that's a formality with Title IX, but I'd expect a well-run organization would complete some internal review to figure out what happened and mitigate recurrence.

https://bloximages.chicago2.vip.tow...-11ee-8f95-bf9b801b51a5/65d39fcedc8ac.pdf.pdf
They might have, but they wouldn't share that with her and really it's none of her business. Figuring out how to prevent it from happening again with 2 different people doesn't involve her case. If the school put other safeguards in place or whatever, why would they tell her? It's not going to be admissible in court either.

I'm not sure what else the school was supposed to do regarding Love. Guy got canned for his actions. They can't arrest him. They can't fine him. They did everything they could to him.

I think the second sentence I wrote said he was in the wrong, and in an earlier post I said he was wrong and should be fired.

That doesn't excuse that she was a willing participant.

Has anyone gone through college and not known of a teacher/student or coach/athlete relationship? I must have know of at least 5 or 6 including my track coach and another involving a womans basketball coach. Everyone knew about it and didn't think much of it

How about the women's national soccer team a few years ago where 2 team members were married to their college coaches? Major Applewhite was sleeping with a student trainer while coaching at UT. They held his raise back for a year.

In the late 90s, the U.S. Volleyball team fired a coach and also punished the player for negatively impacting team chemistry.

This is so overblown. These are two adults and it is very common on the college level. If every college was sued for these relationships, we wouldn't have colleges anymore.

Now, there is less of a tolerance for it and coaches involved in the actual relationships have been getting dismissed over it, but usually because they crossed other lines. Never have I seen a coach not involved fired. The athletic director? Come on? Where did we jump the shark as a society we want to fire people for what was happing in other people's sex lives?

I had a relationship with one of my female professors in college. It happens. She introduced me to jazz and bought me my first pipe. We had a good time and when the 'new' wore off, we mutually decided to part company. No problems. Of course that was in the early '80's and back then it was no big deal.

She also didn't manipulate me or show me favoritism because of it.

They might have, but they wouldn't share that with her and really it's none of her business. Figuring out how to prevent it from happening again with 2 different people doesn't involve her case. If the school put other safeguards in place or whatever, why would they tell her? It's not going to be admissible in court either.

I'm not sure what else the school was supposed to do regarding Love. Guy got canned for his actions. They can't arrest him. They can't fine him. They did everything they could to him.

He didn't get "canned". He resigned after a 3-month suspension with pay. He's now employed elsewhere as a coach.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college...sketball-coach-resigns-three-month-suspension

I’m not as concerned with who was wrong or more wrong in the relationship. Schools usually don’t fire people for that. I’m concerned with what happened after that and how they handled it. Accusations of covering it up are never good.

Until proven otherwise in a court of law I have every confidence Trev never did anything wrong be it legal or otherwise. The man is way to smart to put himself in a compromising position that could jeopardize his life long sterling reputation and career imo.
I’m not sure I have the unwavering confidence that you do for a guy who had the judgement to retain Scott Frost, lol. Kidding…kind of.

Amy may be in trouble if what is said can be proven. I would find that hard to believe Amy handled like that but we will see. It’s really none of Trev’s fault. As the face of NU athletics, it comes with the territory. I’m guessing Nebraska will end up settling and this will all blow over. Bad publicity for sure.

Resigned is what officially happened but he was canned in reality.

Of course he was paid while on suspension, that's very normal.

Him working elsewhere is irrelevant to what Nebraska did.
Did the school he is working for now know he was the subject of Title IX investigation while at Nebraska for having sex with a player he directly coached?

If not, then yes what Nebraska did or did not do could be relevant.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back