• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Whatever became of

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzycohen

Hayseed
15 Year Member
The lineman from Omaha that committed to Miami several years ago. I'm pretty sure that was during the Callahan regime. I don't follow Hurricane football much so I haven't heard his name mentioned. Not sure I would recognize it if I did.

The lineman from Omaha that committed to Miami several years ago. I'm pretty sure that was during the Callahan regime. I don't follow Hurricane football much so I haven't heard his name mentioned. Not sure I would recognize it if I did.

Harland Gunn, projected starting guard for the Canes (started 13 games for Miami last year and had 5 starts in 2009). IMO, would be the starting RG for Nebraska had things been different.

He wanted to be a 'Cane, so good on him. Even better that he's not been suspended. Nice to see a Nebraska kid do well elsewhere. Enderle comes to mind in that respect recently.

Shaun Prater has done well. However, I hope he gets burned and run over about 12 times come Black Friday, making it a Black and Blue Saturday for him to eat leftover turkey.

I doubt Gunn would've been a Husker regardless of the situation, Trevor Robinson (starting G for Notre Dame) could be a different story. Tim Biere is on the Mackey watch list at KU.

I met Gunn's mom a few years ago. While I doubt he would have come to Nebraska, it was apparent that his mother did not like Bill Callahan or his staff at all. She felt as if her son had been slighted. Then again, he committed to Miami immediately and was a huge fan, so they probably didn't want to waste their time. It was also apparent during the conversation that some shady stuff was going on at Miami, but who didn't already know that?

IIRC, we offered Shaun a scholarship and Shane walk-on whereas IA offered both scholarships. Last I knew Shane left IA for academic reasons and went to IA Western.

I think you're right. In fact, I think we were going to offer Shane a scholly, but we were waiting on someone further up the board. When it looked like he was moving up, they scheduled a visit in Dec or Jan...

Shane is at IWCC now, had some partying issues which led to academic issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back