• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What was the best win in the last 15 years?

Oh yeah. Flashback.

You are right. Majority of HMax posts were saying "Huh??" or "Who??" instead of "Great Hire". However lots of national sportswriters said "Great Hire". Myself, never heard of Mike Riley. And Bill Callahan too.

I had actually heard of him and thought he’d have been a better hire instead of Callahan. That’s his peak timeframe at OSU and he beat some pretty good teams. Looked a lot like football. More than his time here anyway.

Either 2010 when #6 Mizzou came to town and Helu ran for 303 on them, or 2010 vs. Kansas state, mainly because I live in Manhattan

Kansas State... when T Magic had that ridiculous game... I still contend to this day that if he doesn't get injured against Mizzou that we win a national title in his career... He was off the charts fast his Frosh year... and then by his senior year... he was just fastish...

I'm assuming this is sarcasm......minus the emoji?

IIRC, most were saying 'Huh?' and the rest were melting down in anguish. I don't really recall any who said 'Great Hire'.
There were a LOT of people here that were saying it was a great hire. A coach that had done so much with so little was finally given the keys to a Corvette/Cadillac/whatever, and he was going to do great things at Nebraska. That was definitely the message on Huskermax, and I have the backlog of suspensions to prove it! :Lol:

There were a LOT of people here that were saying it was a great hire. A coach that had done so much with so little was finally given the keys to a Corvette/Cadillac/whatever, and he was going to do great things at Nebraska. That was definitely the message on Huskermax, and I have the backlog of suspensions to prove it! :Lol:

Hmm.

I adopted a ‘I’ll defend our coach’ mantra because I didn’t have any choice, but I guess I missed the groundswell of support.

Do I now fall into the dreaded ‘Defense=Support’ category with the rest of the paste eaters?

I was shocked with the news of the hire but full disclosure, Mike's first season greatly resembled Scott's at least to me and to most rationale people. Most Husker fans had to be highly encouraged by the way the season ended. Big win against a playoff team in Michigan State, played Wisconsin better than any other years sans our one win, and despite many mistakes to Iowa we took a very good Hawkeye team to the end. Last night I watched the Bowl game against UCLA and I have to say I forgot how physical we played in that game. After a slow start we totally dominated the game both offensively and defensively. We ran at will for over 300 yards and for the most part contained a very good QB in Josh Rosen. It was a vintage Husker win. Then the following season we rolled off all those wins to start the season and I for one can admit I had bought in. Didn't last long though.

I'm assuming this is sarcasm......minus the emoji?

IIRC, most were saying 'Huh?' and the rest were melting down in anguish. I don't really recall any who said 'Great Hire'.
I said something like, "Huh? Well, it could work, with our resources."

I follow CFB close enough to have been familiar with MR, having watched OrSU knock off USC and a few other great teams.

But it didn't take long to determine that the experiment wasn't working.

......... But it didn't take long to determine that the experiment wasn't working.
WIZARD1.png
AA_NUROCKET.gif

Last edited:
Hmm.

I adopted a ‘I’ll defend our coach’ mantra because I didn’t have any choice, but I guess I missed the groundswell of support.

Do I now fall into the dreaded ‘Defense=Support’ category with the rest of the paste eaters?
Yes. This is another lesson to help develop your outrage.

I was one.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back