• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What is your biggest fear for the upcoming year.

What are you most worried about.?

• QB play

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • 3rd down D

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Kicking game

Votes: 31 57.4%

• Total voters

Huskerthom

All Big 10
10 Year Member
Let me preface this a bit. I am not talking about how many or which games we win or lose. I am talking about what individual area of the team are you most concerned about.

Last year there was three things that in the end lost us most of the games (excluding Michigan. They just kicked our butts)

1. QB play. Our QBs were responsible for a lot of turnovers. Hard to win games when you average so many turnovers. Although you could blame RBs as well this was mainly a fault of the QBs. Add to that they all had very low passing and completion percentages. leads to a lot of losses
2. Failure to get off the field on 3rd downs late in the game. I admit this was a side affect of QB play and turnovers. However if DCTW is angry about it we probably have the right to be as well.
3. The kicking game. We lost multiple games over tje last few tears because we could not regularly make FG under 40 yards.

So which are you most worried about?

I voted for special teams because I don't see average kickers, which we have based on last year, get great from one year to the next. Hopefully, it won't come down to so many kicks to win or lose games. However, honestly Its getting thumped, or beat in any way, by the Prime Circus in Lincoln. I know it won't matter in terms of league standings yada, yada, but it would sting for years to come. Park that CU band wagon early in the year. Humble Prime is tolerable and fun to watch.

Loss of organizational momentum.

It feels right now that Rhule and company have a lot of positive energy and that is feeding the outlook, the expectations, recruiting and the other segments of the program.

Momentum is a fragile thing without it we might see more portal transfers, without it we might lose key coaches, without it our recruiting my suffer.

Losing Trev Alberts felt like it could have slowed/hurt that momentum. It appears we’ve avoided getting hurt too much but we got to hope Rhule and the new AD see eye-to-eye. What if Raiola transfers after year 1 or if Tony White leaves? What if on field success isn’t enough?

Is qb injuries under qb play ? Gotta keep Raiola healthy, if we dont have a catastrophic injury yr like last yr, then we win 7-8, if we can have at least an “average health year”
Two o linemen, two rbs, two wrs, two qbs.
What good team depth looks like, 3 rbs, 6 wrs, 8 O linemen and 3qbs.
So we lost 8 of our top 20 guys, thats a lot.
Of 20 guys to play without losing much productivity, 8 or 40% is a lot.

I don't expect it this year, so its not a big fear. Same for turnovers, I don't expect a near repeat of last year.
IMO those two things, key injuries and turnovers cost us the most.

GET TICKETS

Back