• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What if we win the Big Tourney. How high would we go??????

IHeartJesus

Recruit
I see all the posts about going 2-2 or 3-1 and what would happen. Just curious if we ran the table and won the Conference Tournament. ( I know this is thinking like my 10 year old self when the Husker football team would be down 17 points with a minute left in the game, but I still had hope). Just want to know from people far smarter than me how high would we go?

if we win out the season, and sweep 3 games in tourney, then prob 4 seed. If we win out the season, and win one game in tourney, we will prob be rated, so to sweep the tourney would push us up the polls pretty nicely.

I see all the posts about going 2-2 or 3-1 and what would happen. Just curious if we ran the table and won the Conference Tournament. ( I know this is thinking like my 10 year old self when the Husker football team would be down 17 points with a minute left in the game, but I still had hope). Just want to know from people far smarter than me how high would we go?
At this point, the goal should just be to make the tournament, which is very much in reach. Recent wins have moved them clearly off the bubble. Take care of business at end of regular season and they should be fine.

Recent projections have them floating around an 7-9 seed. If you win out, that could float up to maybe a 4 or 5 depending on who all they beat along the way. In reality, they'll probably be one of those teams in the 6-8 seed range that you have no idea what to do with. Could they get upset by a mid-major in the opening round? Sure. Could they face a one-seed in the second round and knock them off? Also a realistic possibility.

They'll be undervalued because of who they are. We've already seen that in the normal rankings.

I wouldn’t want to run the table through the tournament.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back