• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What I Believe

Status
Not open for further replies.
The program seems to have a win ceiling for what ever reason. It may have had a loss floor due to the weak sisters of this and the former conference. That loss floor could collapse if opponent teams simply adapt the offensive tactics that other teams have used with incredible success against us in the recent past.

I'm still pro-Pelini, but I'm continually evaluating the facts.

"When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?"
--John Maynard Keynes--

Some very good thoughts HWM. Bo lost me after the UCLA game last season. The program is trending down. This years recruiting class is struggling. Obviously we could go on, but it's been argued ad nauseum.

This program simply isn't good enough -- for Nebraska standards -- right now (nor the past couple of seasons). Whether you wish for "another chance" or not next season, this cannot go on much longer.

I would hope no one is satisfied with the current state of the program.

I too often read more excuses than I do points of improvement.

I could be perfectly pleased -- even if we never win another national championship in my lifetime.

This program may or may not improve in 2014. It's a guessing game by all involved. I believe the overall talent and experience will improve. I have no clue if the overall coaching will.

I have serious concerns about our current recruiting class. Serious concerns. So much so, that should Bo be given another chance next season, it will require an immediate significant upturn -- or you are looking at a dangerous domino effect.

Coaching will determine if this team plays up to its ability consistently. I have doubts. I'm absolutely fine with being proven wrong -- in fact, I'd rather be proven wrong.

I have no control over anything involving the decisions for the program -- and that's a good thing. It's a good thing that no one here does.

I have faith in our AD. There is no one here who is qualified to make any decision regarding our program. Most are qualified to type, as am I -- that's about it.

I type here because I enjoy a good debate. I stick with my stance, and never wobble based on opinions posted here.

My stance with Bo has been the same for over 2 years now. It was the same stance I had years prior to Callahan, Mike Anderson, Doc Sadler, and Barry Collier -- prior to being relieved of their duties. I especially liked Doc Sadler -- as a person who cared deeply about his team (but wasn't a good enough head coach).

There should be little to no comparison to the current climate of the program with that of Frank Solich.

Too many still hang onto Callahan -- as a measuring stick -- and an excuse.

Football is a sport. From a fan's perspective, it should never be considered more than entertainment. But one that allows for opinions and debate -- good-natured debate.

The majority of things in life that are held on to with doubts, are held on to too long.

You may not agree with my argument, but you will never get a "dumb" argument from me.

No one will influence me enough to change my stance. And I will likely influence no one to change theirs.

I am as good of a Husker fan as there possibly could be. I'm not going anywhere, no matter what happens with this program. My passion is strong, and thus I am here -- and have never bailed.

Go Big Red!

Great post! I think many Husker fans feel the exact same way. We all hope for a turn around this season, but it doesn't seem likely. We have become average and it is completely unacceptable.

Hard to disagree with anything you've said but ... remember the outrage by some with FS and the firing of him? What is different now?

The difference is that Bo Pelini is very immature and doesn't take responsibility for anything. His goose is cooked if he doesn't turn this around very quickly. An embarrassing loss at Michigan is coming in a few weeks and I think his fate will be sealed.

Hard to disagree with anything you've said but ... remember the outrage by some with FS and the firing of him? What is different now?

True. If anything Pelini has a better argument as at least he is stagnant(although great chance that his record takes a dive this season) where as Solich took a dominating program to merely average.

Good post HWM, the one thing I personally differ with is the changing your mind based on what people post here. A lot of what people say here does influence my opinions (which change fairly often as I get more info). Of course, you have to separate the wheat (e.g., analysis of whether firing a coach with 71% win pct ever turns out well) from the chaff (e.g., claims that it's "painfully obvious" that Bo "isn't the one" and psycho metaphors about NU fans being battered wives).

It's time. I had hope going into this season, but it was pretty evident even with the first game that Bo Pelini can't lead a team to Nebraskexpectations. But where we are right now, losing to the Gophers in an uninspired performance with many, many questionable coaching decisions really leads me to believe that BP is on autopilot. I think BP is at least slightly better than this. Seems like he is just sticking it out to collect the buy-out. Which I guess I can't blame him given that his next career move will take him down a few rungs.
I guess there will be time for the post-mortem later, but it seems among his biggest mistakes were the choices he made in the assistants that surrounded him. Els, Paps, Barney, Kaz, Dobson, Garrison are not getting it done. Lack of full rosters is another. I really do think there is something about the psyche of the team . . . it seems like they are not playing for excellence and enjoyment, but to avoid Bo's wrath. Watching the cell phone prank gives a lot of insight to how Bo's ferocity has messed up these kids.
The season must play out I guess . . . but I think I have moved on looking forward to the end of this season and an announcement from the AD.

Good post HWM, the one thing I personally differ with is the changing your mind based on what people post here. A lot of what people say here does influence my opinions (which change fairly often as I get more info). Of course, you have to separate the wheat (e.g., analysis of whether firing a coach with 71% win pct ever turns out well) from the chaff (e.g., claims that it's "painfully obvious" that Bo "isn't the one" and psycho metaphors about NU fans being battered wives).

Thanks, 5000 ... and this is good to know. I need to work on being more influential. Maybe offering candy.

Hey, that was me! I'm famous! :Biggrin:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back