• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What did your high school car look like?

D8F1FBFB-670D-4E05-B684-BB5918795DDB.jpeg

65 Chevy Bel Air, mine was white with a blue top.

I had a Charger

Ok, not a General Lee type Charger, but an '85 Dodge Ram Charger.

unnamed.jpg

However, I did get airborne with all four wheels off the ground. There was this intersection in my hometown with huge dips and since the Ram sat up so high I could hit it fast without bottoming out. If I hit it fast enough, I could fly. I only did this a few times because I didn't want to ruin the suspension. I guess I watched too many Dukes of Hazard reruns.

Last edited:
I had a Charger

View attachment 43469

However, I did get airborne with all four wheels off the ground. There was this intersection in my hometown with huge dips and since the Ram sat up so high I could hit it fast without bottoming out. If I hit it fast enough, I could fly. I only did this a few times because I didn't want to ruin the suspension. I guess I watched too many Dukes of Hazard reruns.
Love it.

I had a Charger

View attachment 43469

My dad had a Mazda b2000 pickup when they first came here. That little matchbox vehicle was fun to drive. Lightweight, I liked hitting the intersections outside of town too and getting it airborne. :)

1957 Ford Fairlane, black 2 door. $75.00 purchase price w/dead engine, but good body and tires. Bought a 292 V8 for $90.00 and added dual glass packs. Dad drove it to/from work when I was in school, he loved the sound and kept it in 2nd gear when he was in town. I drove it for 4 years then sold it for $200.00.

I had a Charger

View attachment 43469

My buddy had a Chevy Blazer about that same year. He liked getting airborne too. Last time we we got a little too high, stuck the front bumper and flipped end over end a couple times. That was back when nobody wore seatbelts. Fortunately none of us got anything more than a few bruises. Fun times.

1964 Chevy Impala 4 door, white, everything was original. Drove it in the early '80s.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 113

I had a Charger

View attachment 43469

I always liked the Charger as a worthy alternative to the Chevy K5 Blazers that everyone drove. Ford didn't have anything but the little Bronco. The Charger and more popular Blazer were pretty much it until Ford finally went full size with the Bronco.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back