• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What did your high school car look like?

Worse, the Chevette didn't have factory air. My dad added an after market A/C that didn't work worth squat. Fun times.

Oh, you win the internet for the day! I can handle cold, but heat and car rides? Hell no! I get queasy thinking about it..lol.

Oh, you win the internet for the day! I can handle cold, but heat and car rides? Hell no! I get queasy thinking about it..lol.

I even remember the interior of that car. It was red vinyl seats, 4-speed manual. Little beat put out something like 54 horsepower and I'm not joking.

Last edited:
I even remember the interior of that car. It was red vinyl seats, 4-speed manual. Little beat put out something like 54 horsepower and I'm not joking.
Vinyl seats...ah, yes. Those were the days! I remember when cloth was the upgrade! Leather was just on higher end cars that most didn't have. I remember all of my buddies modding their cars...big ol' Bonnevilles, Impalas, a Dodge Aspen, 65 Chevy truck with rusted through floorboards. We drove the truck from Denver to Loveland at about 50 miles per hour when my buddy picked it up because rust and debris was flying and getting in our eyes. It was in July with obviously no AC. We were happy as heck he got it, though.
The floorboards were "repaired" with some pieces of aluminum, shower curtains and then floor mats. We then knocked the rotted wood out of the bed, chained weights from his weight bench onto some of the cross braces for traction and then put down some more metal sheeting we got from a junkyard.
Kids these days drive friggin better stuff than I drove for a long time.

Last edited:

Yeah, the good ol post embargo engines. What was that called? The motor? The Iron Duke? One of the GM motors was called that.My buddy's Opel Manta had no passing gear that I could tell. Mat it and it did the same as normal acceleration...which was nil.

Last edited:

Yeah, the good ol post embargo engines. What was that called? The motor? The Iron Duke? One of the GM motors was called that.My buddy's Opel Manta had no passing gear that I could tell. Mat it and it did the same as normal acceleration...which was nil.

The mid 70s through mid 80s were some dark years for auto manufacturing. Remember the AMC Gremlin? I saw one today, and it didnt look too bad!

The mid 70s through mid 80s were some dark years for auto manufacturing. Remember the AMC Gremlin? I saw one today, and it didnt look too bad!
Yep, my buddy Randy had a gray one. He was the oldest, so it was the best thing ever. It was extra special when we'd get to go in his parents Jeep pickup. If Hotwheels made a car like yours, it was pretty cool. Greased Gremlin.
My ex's grandpa (the one with the vette) had Eagle station wagons.
Heck, riding in a station wagon was a blast unless I got car sick. We had a 79 Bonneville wagon and both of my grandfathers did as well at some point.
Remember toppers on truck's with the window in the front and the truck having the sliding back window?
Or Subaru Brats with the seats in the bed?

Last edited:
Yep, my buddy Randy had a gray one. He was the oldest, so it was the best thing ever. It was extra special when we'd get to go in his parents Jeep pickup. If Hotwheels made a car like yours, it was pretty cool. Greased Gremlin.
My ex's grandpa (the one with the vette) had Eagle station wagons.
Heck, riding in a station wagon was a blast unless I got car sick. We had a 79 Bonneville wagon and both of my grandfathers did as well at some point.
Remember toppers on truck's with the window in the front and the truck having the sliding back window?
Or Subaru Brats with the seats in the bed?

I’ve created a brand new thread for all of these wonderful cars. :Hooray:

Please! How could you NOT look cool, driving down the road in that panty dropping machine? It's even Husker red with the excellent black accents(since we've been admonished that black isn't a color-we now call it an accent for the alt uni's). That apparent no park here sticker makes it a daring park, and gives it a bad boy who parked it there, look. LMAO!

I'm sure you had to beat them off with a stick! Hey, but sometimes having wheels was all it took!

tmp-cam-2157783372787140088.jpg

1995 Chevy Silverado with 3" frame and 3" suspension lift aka 2HI2CU - parents allowed me to put that on my license plates (still have the plates)- cops and school admin followed me pretty closely... the dual exhaust and 2 12" subs in the back seat may have added to that ;)

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back