• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

What an enormous upgrade!

If you go look through some of the posts it would be hard to tell that some posters are not hoping for failure. As you said, to each their own.
So you honestly believe that specific posters that you failed to name would prefer another 3-9 season to a West division championship? Personally I never thought I’d see the day a Nebraska football coach could survive two straight losing seasons let alone four. I think if you go back and check those posters that you have so easily labeled as negative you will find they post many more positive things about the team than the sunshine pumpers post anything negative. After the four year run we’ve had, does that sound like a reasonable take?

So you honestly believe that specific posters that you failed to name would prefer another 3-9 season to a West division championship? Personally I never thought I’d see the day a Nebraska football coach could survive two straight losing seasons let alone four. I think if you go back and check those posters that you have so easily labeled as negative you will find they post many more positive things about the team than the sunshine pumpers post anything negative. After the four year run we’ve had, does that sound like a reasonable take?
I don't know what some posters want for sure. I would bet that if Scott wins 9-10 games next year, some of these posters will find something to complain about. Just the way some people are. To each their own.

I don't know what some posters want for sure. I would bet that if Scott wins 9-10 games next year, some of these posters will find something to complain about. Just the way some people are. To each their own.
Hville would not be one of them-he wants a winner. There have alwsys been and always will be fans that beotch about a season or a game. Happened during the national championship seasons as well when we didn’t beat so and so bad enough. That doesn’t mean anyone is rooting for failure so they can say I told you so. As I said earlier I have no and I mean zero faith in SF to right this ship but every game day I’m drinking the kool-Aid and pulling for a Husker win. I was that way with Osborne, Solich, Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and Frost. I’ll be doing the same thing come September 2022. If your idea of a productive and entertaining football forum is just an echo chamber of folks that pat the head coach on the back, i’m afraid you don’t understand social media or basic fandom.

Hville would not be one of them-he wants a winner. There have alwsys been and always will be fans that beotch about a season or a game. Happened during the national championship seasons as well when we didn’t beat so and so bad enough. That doesn’t mean anyone is rooting for failure so they can say I told you so. As I said earlier I have no and I mean zero faith in SF to right this ship but every game day I’m drinking the kool-Aid and pulling for a Husker win. I was that way with Osborne, Solich, Callahan, Pelini, Riley, and Frost. I’ll be doing the same thing come September 2022. If your idea of a productive and entertaining football forum is just an echo chamber of folks that pat the head coach on the back, i’m afraid you don’t understand social media or basic fandom.
Scott hasn't given me much to cheer for since he took over. I am pulling for him as he is a Husker to the core. If he has success he will never leave. If things go sideways and he is let go, it will get interesting. No coach will come here and set down roots, simple as that. We will become a stepping stone job and fan apathy will finally set in. That said, its why I am holding my breath just a bit longer with Frost. Want the continuity for the long haul. Maybe I am asking for too much, but that is where I am at.

Scott hasn't given me much to cheer for since he took over. I am pulling for him as he is a Husker to the core. If he has success he will never leave. If things go sideways and he is let go, it will get interesting. No coach will come here and set down roots, simple as that. We will become a stepping stone job and fan apathy will finally set in. That said, its why I am holding my breath just a bit longer with Frost. Want the continuity for the long haul. Maybe I am asking for too much, but that is where I am at.
I don’t buy for a minute that the right coach won’t come to Nebraska. Hell the same guys you’re pumping up as an enormous upgrade came to Nebraska this season when we went 3-9 with a coach on the hot seat. When you have the tradition, the commitment, and the excitement surrounding a great product you will always have someone wanting this job. It might not be Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, or Nick Saban but those guys aren’t coming here under any circumstance or situation and each one of those guys got a shot at the big time before anyone knew they had the goods. Sorry but who else would come here is the most defeatist attitude I’ve ever encountered but you’re not alone in feeling that.

I don’t buy for a minute that the right coach won’t come to Nebraska. Hell the same guys you’re pumping up as an enormous upgrade came to Nebraska this season when we went 3-9 with a coach on the hot seat. When you have the tradition, the commitment, and the excitement surrounding a great product you will always have someone wanting this job. It might not be Dabo Swinney, Urban Meyer, or Nick Saban but those guys aren’t coming here under any circumstance or situation and each one of those guys got a shot at the big time before anyone knew they had the goods. Sorry but who else would come here is the most defeatist attitude I’ve ever encountered but you’re not alone in feeling that.
Which guys am I pumping up? Or did I get lumped in with another crowd? I am far from a sunshine pumper. But if me pulling for Frost to succeed makes me a sunshine pumper then so be it. And if you think top coaches will be jumping to take this job if it comes up then you and I will disagree. Too many things have changed since Nebraska was at the mountaintop and this job is not as appealing as it once may have been. It is what it is. NIL and recruiting will only make it worse.

Which guys am I pumping up? Or did I get lumped in with another crowd? I am far from a sunshine pumper. But if me pulling for Frost to succeed makes me a sunshine pumper then so be it. And if you think top coaches will be jumping to take this job if it comes up then you and I will disagree. Too many things have changed since Nebraska was at the mountaintop and this job is not as appealing as it once may have been. It is what it is. NIL and recruiting will only make it worse.
When’s the last time a Nebraska coach of any sport has used the University as a stepping stone? I’m racking my brain and the only one I can think of is Dave Van Horn and that was to go back to his Alma mater. You are taking the time to be critical of a poster that is skeptical of Scott Frost in a post titled “what an enormous upgrade”. Seems to me you’re trying to stifle any opposing thought.

When’s the last time a Nebraska coach of any sport has used the University as a stepping stone? I’m racking my brain and the only one I can think of is Dave Van Horn and that was to go back to his Alma mater. You are taking the time to be critical of a poster that is skeptical of Scott Frost in a post titled “what an enormous upgrade”. Seems to me you’re trying to stifle any opposing thought.
If this next season is a failure, we will get to watch it all unfold in front of us. Then the chips will fall where they fall. Simple as that.

If this next season is a failure, we will get to watch it all unfold in front of us. Then the chips will fall where they fall. Simple as that.
I agree somewhat but I could take your comment and copy and paste it for January last year. I can’t imagine there was a fan on this forum that ever thought SF could survive a fourth straight losing season, especially one that ended with 6 straight loses and only one Power 5 win. Either way I hope the house cleaning results in better football.

Last edited:
Im not saying they are or aren’t at this point. If you look past the koolaid there are questions. That tempers the koolaid for me. Whipple is getting a ton of credit for picket. However if you look at his resume he has spent a lot of time moving around with most of his career in the Ivy League. That raises flags for me. It might not for you but you asked.

As for held…..I’m not sold he was the problem with the running backs lack of success. And I know applewhite was at least plan C.

As for me souring on Frost. I’ll ask you…. If you like these changes would you be equally, less, or more excited if we had also rolled out a middle name head coach with some success. I mean really, if fans can get this excited over these changes imagine the excitement a new coach could bring after replacing the .350 coach we have now.

Most of his career has not been in the Ivy League

So you can put your flags down

Last edited:

You are correct that many will want this job. It wont be Dabo, unless he gets axed and is in rebound mode. Same with any other bigger name. The proven coaches in P-5 will go to jobs a level above NU in desirability.
And true, each big name was once an unknown. This is where we are in securing a new coach. We are in the pool of programs that can attract the promising up and comer. Thus we seek a proven coach at the level below us, which exactly describes Frost.
Thus the debate comes in assessing the relative worth of home roots, for an up and comer ain't much good as an up and went.

Most of his career has not been in the Ivy League

So you can put your flags down
Ok I stand corrected. I was generalizing it to the northeast. Most of his career was spent at The likes of Brown, St Augustine, Umass, New Hampshire and New Haven. Only 5 of his 42 years of experience have been in P5. That’s about 12 percent. And those only in ACC.

By comparison, Matt Lubick has 16 years in power 5 experience and Troy Walters 10 years. So yes my red flags are still up and it is why I’m not in as much agreement with the OP and was specifically asked to clarify in post 33. I have tried to support it with some reasoning and facts that a certain poster wants to ignore in favor of his beliefs. I’m fine with that. I just wish if he asked for my clarification he wouldn’t use a drunk as my source of information.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back