• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked What about Joey O'Conner, #87 player in the country, 4star OL from colorado???

Status
Not open for further replies.

O'Husker

Recruit
5 Year Member
I know we have only 18 scollies to give this year, but this kid from Windsor, Colorado is ranked even higher than Thurston (our other colorado OL commit). He made headlines when he was one of the first Penn State recruits to decommit last month. On Rivals he shows Nebraska in his top 5 schools! Yet, we haven't even offered?? He was committed to playing in the B1G, and we are geographically the closest school to him! Are the coaches being low key or what?

Last edited:

18 is probally stretching it....15-17 at best.....

I think with Peat and possibly Stanley we are done on the OL....other needs such as CB that need to be filled....thus the number of potential CB recruits we are after and bringing in for visits...you just can't grab everyone....its impossible...

Not sure where I see Nebraska in his top 5? Am I missing something?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/coloradoprepreport/football/recruiting/player-Joey-O'Connor-117070

Thurston is the #18 rated OT in the country by Rivals....O'Conner #15...so pretty even in my mind....

Low key? We are after Peat ( #3) and if they can grab Stanley (#19) we will take him too....which would give us 2 perhaps 3 OL this year which is all we need...I don't think thats low key...:)

I know we have only 18 scollies to give this year, but this kid from Windsor, Colorado is ranked even higher than Thurston (our other colorado OL commit). He made headlines when he was one of the first Penn State recruits to decommit last month. On Rivals he shows Nebraska in his top 5 schools! Yet, we haven't even offered?? He was committed to playing in the B1G, and we are geographically the closest school to him! Are the coaches being low key or what?

Thanks RR, My "low key" was meant are the coaches just low key on this O'Conner kid because of his PSU earlier commitment, and maybe they had contacted him after his decommit and have allready told him the number crunch they are in this year. Regarding NU in his top five, on his Rivals page where they show the 5 logos of the the schools he's interested in, Nebraska was in the middle.

OK, now when I pull up your "colorado Rivals" link in your post it shows his choices as "Tenn, USC, Boise St, CU, and Okie St."

But when you click on the "Rivals top 250" His profile shows his choices as "Miss St, Ark, Iowa, ASU, Nebr."

Then, when I get out of the 'Colorado Prep Rivals " link you posted, and pull him up on their national "Top 250" site, it shows his choices as "ASU, Auburn, Nebr, Ark, Utah."

But all of them show no "check mark" beside Nebraska for an "offer"... Rivals must just rotate the 12 or so schools that he's had interest in? Do you know if he camped at NU? If he did then I trust our coaches judgement in letting him go, especially with the tight numbers. I just hate it if a 4 star kid in our wheelhouse, and an Olineman to boot, wants to come and we have to turn him down...... Oh well....

18 is probally stretching it....15-17 at best.....

I think with Peat and possibly Stanley we are done on the OL....other needs such as CB that need to be filled....thus the number of potential CB recruits we are after and bringing in for visits...you just can't grab everyone....its impossible...

Not sure where I see Nebraska in his top 5? Am I missing something?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/coloradoprepreport/football/recruiting/player-Joey-O'Connor-117070

Thurston is the #18 rated OT in the country by Rivals....O'Conner #15...so pretty even in my mind....

Low key? We are after Peat ( #3) and if they can grab Stanley (#19) we will take him too....which would give us 2 perhaps 3 OL this year which is all we need...I don't think thats low key...:)

RR, Rivals reporting today that Stanley has committed to Notre Dame! Rivals also saying that IOWA just offered O'Conner this week! I don't get it. O'Conner is ranked higher than both Stanley and Thurston (Don't you think Thurston and O'Conner would love to be the future left side of the pipeline in 2014!), and O'Conner originally accepted an offer from a Big Ten school, backed out because of the Paterno debacle, he's located in the 5-state local recruiting area that has always been fruitful for NU. And our only other OL commit is Thurston, from metro denver.

Last edited:
Just because a kid is highly rated doesn't mean our coaches think he is a good fit for us. Maybe as an O lineman they don't believe his strengths are the strengths we are looking at. Maybe they have questions about his character or work ethic...there is more to recruiting than looking at what the recruiting experts have to say and then just tossing offers out there. I assume there is a reason we didn't offer him since we have gone after a large number of highly sought after recruits this cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back